Job Type: Full time
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
- Utilise your maintenance experience and become a key member of the One Spot Leadership team!
- Stable full time Permanent position, Newcastle location
- Rotating Working Roster – allows for work life balance.
- Day shift only role
About the Role
We are currently looking to recruit a supervisor at our wagon maintenance facility in Newcastle to lead and support a diverse team of employees in the day-to-day operations. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the business has the capacity and capability to manage the maintenance execution activities at our designated facilities. This role will identify, deliver and drive change to support business operational requirements and asset utilisation targets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inspiring and leading a team of safety-focused people by supervising, coordinating and managing resources
- Developing and maintaining the knowledge, skills and attributes required of your team with a focus on coaching, mentoring, and safety
- Coordination of the safe execution of work, effective distribution of labour across maintenance and other activities
- Setting of team priorities on a shift by shift basis and management of contractor resources
- Leadership and delivery of change management to support business goals
- Liaise with maintenance planners and technical personnel on wagon issues.
- Liaise with the operational planning and crews in relation to maintenance requirements.
- Ensure staff and contractors under their control comply with Pacific National policy and procedures.
- Ensure all contractors have necessary approvals, licences, insurances, and risk assessments for all work to be undertaken.
To be successful in this role, you will have a strong safety background and:
- Experience in leading, coaching, and motivating a team in a busy environment.
- Proven strengths in problem solving and analytical ability.
- Experience in building and developing a multi-faceted team with a key focus on driving a strong safety culture.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Background in the rail, aviation, mining, or heavy industry will be advantageous.
- Maximo use advantageous.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and various bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative, and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share More, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Applications close 2nd February 2023
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.