Qualified Locomotive Driver
Job Type: Full time
- Join an Essential Service Provider
- 24/7 Rail Operations
- Permanent Opportunity at our Rockhampton facility
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
As a Locomotive Driver you will be reporting through to a Supervisor and be responsible for driving trains safely and conforming to current regulations as well as meeting daily operational train plans and schedules. You will also be required to liaise with customers, both internal and external, and train controllers to ensure that schedules are met.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operating Pacific National Locomotives while adhering to safe working regulations and requirements of driver accreditation in a heavy haul operating environment.
- Liaising with Train Control regarding the operation of the train schedules and efficiencies; and
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation
- Performing minor maintenance and being responsible for first level locomotive servicing and provisioning activities.
To be successful in this role you will be currently accredited and fully qualified as a locomotive driver, preferably (but not essential) with RCS safe working qualifications, as well as possess an unrestricted Queensland Drivers Licence. You will be able to work well within a team environment as well as autonomously at times.
You will also have:
- Proven locomotive driving experience as a Qualified Locomotive Driver
- Current Certificate 4 in Train Driving
- High regard for safety
- Positive and supportive attitude when working within a team environment
- Basic level of computer literacy
- Focused on customer needs and supporting continuous improvement
- Willingness to undertake ongoing training and development activities is a must
- A current full motor vehicle licence required
- Available and flexible to work a 24/7 roster that includes both local working and barracks working.
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration, and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer at full pay following 12 months of service
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
We continue to provide a dynamic, innovative, growth-focused environment and we are a company that lives and breathes its values.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share More, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Applications close on 18th June 2023.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day!