Qualified Locomotive Drivers
Job Type: Full time
- PN is expanding, come on over and join our high performing team
- Become part of our fast moving and dynamic Freight Business at Enfield
- New Enterprise Agreement
- Sign on bonus for qualified locomotive drivers
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
We are recruiting Locomotive Drivers to work at our Enfield Depot to support our Freight operations. The role reports into the supervisor and you will be working on a 24/7 blank line roster.
The primary objective of a Locomotive Driver is to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely in accordance with their level of competency, safe working qualifications and established Pacific National’s operational procedures and agreements, in order to meet customer and operational requirements.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with key internal stakeholders to achieve a 'Delivered In-Full, On-Time' (DIFOT) performance.
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals.
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation.
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- On-going commitment to company values of safety, accountability, integrity and teamwork.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Proven rail industry / freight experience
- You are minimum level 4 locomotive driver as per our PN Bulk Rail EA
- Cert IV in Train Driving
- Display a high regard for safety
- A positive and supportive attitude when working within a team environment
- A basic level of computer literacy
- A focus on customer needs and supporting continuous improvement
- A current full motor vehicle licence
- Available and flexible to work a 24/7 roster
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for women, for a list of all of our Benefits and Policies click here
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer at full pay following 12 months of service
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
We continue to provide a dynamic, innovative, growth-focused environment and we are a company that lives and breathes its values of: Make it simple, Share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
Applications close on the 19th of June 2023
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers.
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.