Level 4 Locomotive Driver - Coal
Job Type: Full time
- Work and play – more work/life balance offerings
- Currently trialling a 7 on / 7 off roster
- More certainty with reduced lift up/lay back schedules
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Pacific National is people powered and we have listened to our employees and worked with the business to introduce a new improved 3 year EA which offers more time off, more certainty, financial gains and balances the needs of our customers, employees and shareholders.
Our new offerings centre around work/life balance so you can work whilst you also enjoy more down time to do the things you love.
Some of the great things on offer
- Current 7on / 4off roster + 2 additional excess days to cash out or use as leave
- Currently trialling a 7on / 7off roster
- Remote Living Incentives or Civeo Camp Accommodation
- 3% Remote Locality Allowance paid annually
- 6% Retention Bonus paid annually
- All-purpose rate (APM 28% included in the base rate)
- 12 weeks primary caregiver leave at full rate
- 6% wage increase over life of the agreement (2% year on year)
- Reduced lift up / lay back (from 2&4 hours to 1&2hrs)
- Transition to retirement options
- Improved Job share arrangements
- New L5 Mentor / Assessor roles
- Full time employees have options to work from other depots with allowances
Who are we seeking?
- YOU will love driving trains
- YOU be passionate about safety and display safe working practices across all aspects of your role
- YOU will enjoy the flexibility that shift work provides
- YOU will be a team player
- YOU will be looking to join Australia’s largest freight rail company that continues to grow and keeps Australia moving OR you may be looking to come back to the PN crew!
What will you need?
- Current Cert IV in Train Driving
- Current full drivers’ licence
- Demonstrated safe working history
- A positive attitude
- Willingness to be part of our safety focused Coppabella train crew.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
We continue to provide a dynamic, innovative, growth-focused environment and we are a company that lives and breathes its values of : Make it simple, Share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
Applications close on the 14th of May2023.
You’re interested, what are the next steps?
Continue to build your career with us.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers.
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day!