Job Type: Full time
- Nebo location
- Permanent opportunity – career progression
- Lead execution of an integrated, planned, and scheduled production workshop and site!
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
As a Production Manager you will lead the workshops site maintenance (including infield as required), employees and contractors to ensure the safe, efficient, and quality maintenance and repair of rollingstock and infrastructure. You will apply the LEAN technique to support 24/7 operations within our business!
In this exciting opportunity you will analyse maintenance performance and execution to conceptualise, develop and implement a best practice approach while maintaining relationships with other production facilities to ensure best practices support operational strategies.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the optimal supply of inventory and consumables in conjunction with other functions.
- Embed safety above all else culture in workshop.
- Accountable for all onsite plant, equipment, assets, and infrastructure, ensuring they are operating and, maintained to standard (including environment compliance infrastructure)
- Control the certification of contractors across a range of systems
- Accountable for quality and quantity of workshop outputs; including improvements in safety and efficiency.
- Build team capability, ensuring skilled and competent leaders and workforce to meet current and future production needs.
- Accountable for timely response to unplanned maintenance and incidents involving rollingstock as requested.
- Ensure incident investigations and incidents withing area of accountability are completed
- Interface with regulatory, statutory, emergency bodies & network providers as required
To succeed in this role, you will be a flexible and agile leader who possesses strong influential, negotiation and consultative skills to shape pragmatic outcomes.
You will have exceptional interpersonal skills that will enable you to build and maintain strong relationships. You will be highly organised with the ability to analyse data, synthesise improvements and problem-solve!
In addition, you’ll be expected to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Maintenance preferred
- Minimum trade qualification or equivalent experience
- Practical application and experience in Maintenance/Engineering, preferably in a rail industry/transport environment
- Exposure to Lean and/or Six Sigma improvement methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a broad internal and external stakeholder group
- Strong change management skills with the ability to implement change in a dynamic environment
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
- Previous experience leading a service- oriented team, ideally in a similar industry such as rail, mining or industrial
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share More, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, Own it and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Applications close on 5th of June 2023.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day