People and Culture Manager
Location: North Sydney
Job Type: Full time
- Permanent role based in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
- Flexible and remote working
- Join a secure industry providing essential services Australia wide
- Progressive and sizeable business on growth trajectory, with various transformation initiative projects
- Strategic People & Culture Manager role
- Values based organisation
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the role
At Pacific National we deliver what matters – for our people, our customers, and our shareholders. We are a connected network powered by people, moving essential services across the length and breadth of Australia.
We have a great opportunity to join a passionate, supportive and motivated People & Culture team, this position partners with our operational business, with key accountability for the support of a portfolio across multiple operational sites.
Accountable for a wide range of HR Generalist activities, the P & C Manager will play a vital role in partnering with and providing guidance to our business leaders and employees on a range of aspects including but not limited to grievances, investigations, performance management and development, employee relations, organisational capability, EA interpretation and workforce strategy.
This role is a real opportunity to work as a key member of an experienced P & C team of over 50 individuals to support a vast, geographically dispersed business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partnering, advising and coaching leaders across several sites, enabling leaders to be successful
- Exposure to negotiation of Enterprise Agreements
- Conduct investigations and provide recommendations to the business
- Provide day to day HR Generalist advice, supporting and coaching to our line managers through employment related matters
- Contribute to business success through the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures based on relevant industrial agreements and/or legislation and HR management practices.
- Partner with leaders through the employee lifecycle events and talent review cycles, including performance management, talent reviews, succession plans, career development planning, labour planning and diversity and inclusion.
A HR or Business/Commerce graduate, the ideal candidate will have previous experience in a generalist HR role within an industrial/blue collar environment, a thirst for knowledge and is keen to learn more within a diverse, complex and large operational business. Candidates will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience partnering with Operations in a blue collar environment.
- A sound understanding of HR policy, employment law and employee relations; with demonstrated behaviours that are aligned with best practice and our values.
- Problem solving skills and collaborative team player with strong communication skills to implement positive change.
- A proactive and structured approach and is not afraid to get involved and contribute.
- A goal oriented approach and the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
This is an opportunity to play an active role in developing the frontline leaders, whilst at the same time gaining hands on experience to drive your career forward within a fast paced, leading business.
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer at full pay following 12 months of service
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Provision of Salary Continuance Insurance
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
- We are a WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with, and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Applications close on 8th June 2023
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day – Pacific National’s top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.