IT Operations Manager
Job Type: Full time
IT Operations Manager
- Operational Accountability for Pacific National’s IT Infrastructure and Corporate Applications
- Located in our North Sydney Office
- Be a part of Pacific National’s strategy to transform the rail industry
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We are a company built on solid foundations and we are incredibly proud of the essential role we continue to play supporting Australia’s supply chain. At Pacific National, we take great pride in delivering our best every day and have a relentless focus on customer service and place safety above all else.
We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia. We respect and care for the communities in which we operate and continue to evolve our community engagement and strengthen relationships through partnerships and investment. We are focused on reducing the carbon emissions of our business, while also enabling the reduction of carbon emissions in the broader supply chain to support the National targets.
About the role
The IT Operations Manager has operational accountability for Pacific National’s IT Infrastructure and corporate applications. The primary purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of Pacific National’s IT Systems, networks, and applications, ensuring systems continue to meet stakeholders’ expectations while key IT resources are focused on modernising PN’s legacy Transport Management System (TMS).
Key accountabilities include:
- Engage with key stakeholders and ensure open and timely discussion
- Take accountability for a heavily insourced hybrid (on-premises & public cloud) infrastructure environment including hardware, software, and telecommunications systems, to ensure high levels of availability, security, and performance
- Application support and development for Peoplesoft HCM and Financials, Maximo Asset Management and a range of line-of-business and SaaS applications to ensure the effective delivery of support services for the supported applications, including incident management, problem resolution, and change management
- Provide leadership, coaching and development by setting clear objectives and inspiring best practise approaches to support and development resources
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends, and make recommendations for technology upgrades and enhancements
- Ensure that systems remain supportable by the vendor and comply with relevant security standards
- Develop system roadmaps to ensure our systems stay current and keep pace with business requirements and technology trends
We are looking for an experienced IT Operations Manager to ensure that the company’s IT operations remain well-managed and fit for purpose into the future. You will have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role, managing and supporting IT operations. Although not essential, experience in the Transport and Logistics industry would be advantageous.
Experience, skills, and knowledge to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
- Excellent communication skills are required to work with stakeholders, team members, and customers to manage expectations, communicate technical information in non-technical language, and collaborate effectively
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic roadmaps for infrastructure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools, including Agile and Scrum
- Familiarity with ITIL framework and IT service management principles
- Experience in Application Management, ERP, Asset Management and SaaS platform management experience. Peoplesoft Financials and Human Resources and/or Maximo experience desirable
- Experience in managing and leading a team of technical support specialists to ensure that service level agreements are being met
- Good understanding of IT budgets and system lifecycle costs. Ability to write capital request papers
At Pacific National we value diversity, inclusion and the contribution of each team member. Our values underpin our commitment to create an inclusive culture where everyone is accepted and valued for who they are, enabling everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. When you join the Pacific National team, you’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your career and we’ll be there to support you with a range of exciting initiatives including:
- Industry leading programs focussed on your growth and career development
- Access to flexible working arrangements
- Paid parental leave up to 12 weeks for primary carers at full pay after 12 months service
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Provision of Salary Continuance Insurance
- A focus on your mental health and wellbeing through our PeerConnect program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, administered by Benestar, offering confidential counselling services for employees and their eligible family members, paid for by us at no cost to you
- Access to Unmind, a digital platform that gives you access to tools, training and exercises that will support your mental wellbeing
- Discounted ﬁtness and wellbeing beneﬁts with membership to WhereFit, our wellbeing benefits partner
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for women, and you can visit Pacific National | WORK180 Endorsed Employer to find out more including a list of all of our benefits and policies.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with, and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce. We aim to unlock the enormous potential that diverse teams bring to the workplace and encourage women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Applications close at 5 pm on the 9th of June 2023
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work, live and rail. We pay respect to Elders past, present and future and to the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.