Head of CEO Office
Job Type: Full time
Head of CEO Office
- An opportunity to become a trusted advisor to the CEO
- Location flexible in either our North Sydney or Brisbane office
- Play a key role in our strategy to transform the rail industry in Australia
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We are a company built on solid foundations and we are incredibly proud of the essential role we continue to play supporting Australia’s supply chain. At Pacific National, we take great pride in delivering our best every day and have a relentless focus on customer service and place safety above all else.
We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia. We respect and care for the communities in which we operate and continue to evolve our community engagement and strengthen relationships through partnerships and investment. We are focused on reducing the carbon emissions of our business, while also enabling the reduction of carbon emissions in the broader supply chain to support the National targets.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, this position will manage the office of the executive to effectively service the needs and provide support to the CEO and Executives, ensuring the processes and activities of the Executive and the Board run smoothly and efficiently.
You will play a key role in managing and overseeing the daily operations of the company, with responsibility for ensuring alignment with strategic goals, driving cross collaboration and organisational efficiencies, and strategically supporting the executive team in achievement of the strategy and priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as a trusted confidant and advisor to the CEO, providing strategic guidance to the executive team in the achievement of strategy
- Serve as a conduit between the CEO and the executive team, stakeholders, and internal teams, managing effective relationships and communication
- Assist the executive team members to determine and prioritise business strategies and/or provide strategic direction to high priority projects.
- Maintain effective oversight of daily operations through collaboration with the executive team, senior management, and department leaders
- Support the Executive committee and contribute to the leadership of the business
- Managing the office of the executive to effectively service the needs of and provide support to the executive
- Influence leadership across organisation by partnering across the organisation to influence, champion and coordinate initiatives and decisions that contribute to the effective leadership of the business
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in a similar role with responsibility for guiding organisation decisions. You will have demonstrated experience in the successful planning and supporting the delivery of strategic initiatives. You will have proven experience in working with major complex projects, programs and initiatives and the confidence to bring together multiple stakeholders to drive effective decisions and cross functional collaboration.
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- Significant experience managing and interacting with Executives and Boards
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire teams to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated capability to think laterally and creatively and be innovative in finding workable solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, and to facilitate cooperation and support to achieve targeted outcomes
- Strong analytical capability, with a high attention to detail and extremely organised
- Proven and effective commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- High level of knowledge of strategic business planning and processes
- In depth knowledge of industry and executive / Board level programs and tasks
- Proven versatile leadership, executing high quality service standards
- Excellent program coordination skills
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality
At Pacific National we value diversity, inclusion and the contribution of each team member. Our values underpin our commitment to create an inclusive culture where everyone is accepted and valued for who they are, enabling everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. When you join the Pacific National team, you’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your career and we’ll be there to support you with a range of exciting initiatives including:
- Industry leading programs focussed on your growth and career development
- Access to flexible working arrangements
- Paid parental leave up to 12 weeks for primary carers at full pay after 12 months service
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Provision of Salary Continuance Insurance
- A focus on your mental health and wellbeing through our PeerConnect program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, administered by Benestar, offering confidential counselling services for employees and their eligible family members, paid for by us at no cost to you
- Access to Unmind, a digital platform that gives you access to tools, training and exercises that will support your mental wellbeing
- Discounted ﬁtness and wellbeing beneﬁts with membership to WhereFit, our wellbeing benefits partner
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for women, and you can visit our Work180 page, Pacific National | WORK180 Endorsed Employer to find out more including a list of all of our benefits and policies.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with, and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce. We aim to unlock the enormous potential that diverse teams bring to the workplace and encourage women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Applications close at 5pm AEST on the 9th of June 2023
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work, live and rail. We pay respect to Elders past, present and future and to the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.