Trainee Locomotive Driver Program - Talent Pool
Job Type: Not Specified
- Comprehensive Traineeship with a nationally recognised Certificate IV in Train Driving
- Full time opportunities
- Earn while you learn
- Opportunity to build a long term career that offers multiple career pathways
Pacific National (PN) is the largest private provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We are a company built on solid foundations and we are incredibly proud of the essential role we continue to play supporting Australia’s supply chain. At Pacific National, we take great pride in delivering our best every day and have a relentless focus on customer service and place safety above all else.
We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia. We respect and care for the communities in which we operate and continue to evolve our community engagement and strengthen relationships through partnerships and investment. We are focused on reducing the carbon emissions of our business, while also enabling the reduction of carbon emissions in the broader supply chain to support the National targets.
About our Trainee Driver Program
We are looking for people who want to join the next generation of rail. We are people powered and our success relies on having the right team of people who are determined to succeed and live our values.
Commencing as a Trainee Driver (Driver in Training - Stage 1) you will undertake an accelerated traineeship program. This program includes a three-stage progression approach and builds on theoretical and practical knowledge achieved within an operational rail environment.
The traineeship will enable the participants to qualify as a Qualified Driver within Pacific National, and upon successful completion of the program, TLI42622 Certificate IV in Train Driving issued by Pacific National Registered Training Organisation RTO 91717.
As a Trainee, you will be trained in all aspects of safe and efficient locomotive operations to develop the requisite driver skillset through competency-based assessments and on and off the job training.
You will be upskilled with knowledge to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely, and comply with established operational procedures in order to maintain our high level of customer service delivery for freight customers in the region.
Pacific National is proud to be part of communities we operate and we encourage locals to apply for our positions. No experience is necessary, although any prior exposure to working within a safety critical environment with shift work experience is highly regarded.
We will provide full training for successful applicants who possess the following:
- A high regard for safety
- Customer focus with the ability to work effectively within a team
- Basic level of computer proficiency and excellent communication skills
- Positive lookout, passion for success and personal development
- Experience with shift work and flexibility to work a highly variable roster
- Ability to work away from home for varying periods.
- A current “C” class driver’s licence
- School Certificate or equivalent
Your availability and commitment to working rotating 24/7 shifts including nights and weekends is essential and will be vital for your success in the role. Additionally, some of the shifts will require you to stay overnight, away from your home depot location.
Please note: We take safety seriously and want to make sure our employees arrive home safely every day. Applicants will need to live within a radius of 100km’s from the local depot to be considered due to shift work and travel requirements. Some sites in Queensland offer village accommodation (paid for by Pacific National) with some fly in/fly out and drive in/driver out options for Queensland residents.
1) Please visit our Careers website to learn more about our Trainee Driver Program https://pacificnational.com.au/careers/trainee-driver/
2) Please apply via the link below to complete our Trainee application form.
3) When a new trainee recruitment program is opened in the location of your nominated first preference on your application, your application will automatically be transferred, and you will receive a notification from our Talent Acquisition team.
4) Your application will be assessed and if you are successful in moving to the next stage of the recruitment process you will be contacted directly by a member of our Talent Acquisition team.