Business Development Lead - Bulk
Location: North Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Business Development Lead – Bulk
- Permanent full-time role based in our North Sydney head office
- Generate new business through new customer growth and opportunities within existing accounts within our Bulk & Regional sector
- Interface with executive level decision makers within a collaborative, supportive environment
Pacific National (PN) is the largest private provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We are a company built on solid foundations and we are incredibly proud of the essential role we continue to play supporting Australia’s supply chain. At Pacific National, we take great pride in delivering our best every day and have a relentless focus on customer service and place safety above all else.
We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia. We respect and care for the communities in which we operate and continue to evolve our community engagement and strengthen relationships through partnerships and investment. We are focused on reducing the carbon emissions of our business, while also enabling the reduction of carbon emissions in the broader supply chain to support the National targets.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, Sales and Customer – Bulk & IMEX, the Business Development Lead will lead a team of sales and account management professionals responsible for owning the strategic customer relationship, business recontracting and growth within our Bulk & Regional portfolio.
The role will be accountable for:
- developing commercial transaction capability to generate new business through new customer growth, recontracting strategy, and mutual value-add contribution across existing customer portfolios.
- contributing to building, refinement and delivery of the sales and account management strategy, ensuring that the team have the capability to achieve and exceed sales targets (both volumes and profit).
- manage the overall customer engagement process across all levels.
Key to this role will be the development of relationships with current and future customers and engagement with industry partners and others, whilst providing leadership to the Business Development team to drive the Bulk portfolio revenue strategy.
Who are we looking for?
A Business Development professional that can bring strong commercial acumen, a strategic and continuous improvement mindset and strong leadership skills. This is a perfect role for someone experienced working within a large complex business across rail or transport/logistics with demonstrated experience identifying and securing new opportunities and building relationships with key customers. We are looking for a natural communicator and influencer who can work closely with internal stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of the business and future state strategies and collaborate to create bespoke customer solutions. In addition, we are seeking:
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Proven experience in commercial, sales or account management roles
- Strong experience in negotiating commercial deals and transactions
- Proven planning and project management skills, and experience working towards measurable sales targets
- Excellent attention to detail and time-management skills
At Pacific National we value diversity, inclusion and the contribution of each team member. Our values underpin our commitment to create an inclusive culture where everyone is accepted and valued for who they are, enabling everyone to bring their authentic selves to work.
When you join the Pacific National team, you’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your career and we’ll be there to support you with a range of exciting initiatives including:
- Industry leading programs focussed on your growth and career development
- Paid parental leave up to 12 weeks for primary carers at full pay after 12 months service
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- A focus on your mental health and wellbeing through our PeerConnect program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, administered by Benestar, offering confidential counselling services for employees and their eligible family members, paid for by us at no cost to you
- Access to Unmind, a digital platform that gives you access to tools, training and exercises that will support your mental wellbeing
- Discounted ﬁtness and wellbeing beneﬁts with membership to WhereFit, our wellbeing benefits partner
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, retail brands, vehicles and more.
We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for women, and you can visit our Work180 page Pacific National | WORK180 Endorsed Employer to find out more including a list of all of our benefits and policies.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share More, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Do you need reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process?
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please outline at the time of your application.
Applications close on the 1st of October 2023.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work, live and rail. We pay respect to Elders past, present and future and to the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples