Job Type: Full time
- Dynamic HSE operating model to coach and lead Business Partners to deliver continuous improvements in HSE
- Proven and supported HSE Strategy, fully supported by Executive leaders
- Focused on delivering world class HSE outcomes
- Melbourne based permanent opportunity
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
We continue to provide a dynamic, innovative, growth-focused environment and we are a company that lives and breathes its values of : Make it simple, Share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with, and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
We value diversity, inclusion and collaboration in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply to any vacancies across our business.
About the role
Working as part of a broader, national HSE business partnering team, we are seeking a HSE Advisor to be based at our Melbourne Freight Terminal to support operational and maintenance sites. With accountability for HSE clearly sitting with operations, this role is focused on actively coaching, mentoring and supporting operational supervisors and managers in the implementation of Health Safety Environment (HSE) processes and systems to enable the effective management of risk issues which have health and safety impacts and legal obligations for Pacific National.
Key responsibilities and the main focus of the role are to build regional HSE team capacity and perform effective HSE internal stakeholder engagement activities, including:
- Coach and mentor operational leaders to help them improve their own HSE performance and embed safety leadership practices for a proactive risk management safety culture
- Facilitate risk management and monitor and report on the effectiveness of critical controls and HSE management system implementation
- Lead programs to support agreed Pacific National HSE strategic initiatives and tactics for improving operational safety performance including building the capability of the workforce to identify hazards and perform risk reviews
- Participate in audit and compliance assurance activities within the compliance framework, standard and procedures
- Facilitate investigations within the PN investigation framework, standard and procedures
- Deliver training to the workforce to ensure the effective implementation and integration of the company enterprise management system and HSE applications
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of facilitating the delivery of effective HSE outcomes within a complex national organisation with multiple sites.
They will also possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety, Engineering or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of safety and environmental requirements in the rail haulage, logistics or
- mining industry, with experience in large complex organisations
- Demonstrable experience in delivering risk and risk control outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in building leader capability in HSE outcomes and in facilitating safety incident investigations
- Any experience to working within a major hazard facility and with dangerous goods will be highly regarded.
- Occasional travel will be required to regional Victoria.
Applications close on 8th October 2023.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.