Premium Support Engineer - Focused Services
Palo Alto Networks Australia
Job Type: Full time
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a Designated Support Engineer, you will be heavily engaged to personalize their customers’ experience and ensure a successful Palo Alto Networks product experience. In this role, you will develop a working partnership to mitigate risks and troubleshoot to resolve technical issues for their customers. You will partner with the Technical Account Manager to effectively become a virtual part of their customers’ teams. You will engage both proactively and reactively with the customer to address any Palo Alto Networks technology technical needs. You will also provide escalation management for any technical issues encountered with their customers’ enterprise deployment, resulting in faster time to value.
This role requires strong fault isolation and root cause analysis skills to diagnose and solve complex technical issues and provide timely solutions to customers in a professional manner. Regularly updating customer cases to record the progress of calls in call tracking system and documenting technical solutions and product information in account-specific repositories. Work to reproduce customer issues and work with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Provide reactive/proactive Designated Technical Support to top tier customers
- Provide configuration review, troubleshooting and best practices to named customers
- Manage support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups are done in a timely manner
- Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues
- Publish Technical Support Bulletins and other technical documentation in the Knowledge Base
- Gather and retain customer-specific documentation in a secure location for ease of troubleshooting
- Review of technical documentation for training materials, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Travel will be required to customer sites in conjunction with working with Technical Account Managers for named accounts
- Occasional domestic travel to customer sites may be required
- Eligible to obtain AGSVA NV1 Clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Required experience with TCP/IP
- Strong experience with Palo Alto Networks products and technology
- Strong experience in Routing & Switching (OSPF / BGP / VLAN / STP)
- Experience with Authentication Protocols a plus (Radius / TACACS)
- Strong ability to independently debug broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols required
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent or equivalent military experience required
- Ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and explain the impact in business terms
- Ability to summarize a situation clearly for executives within Palo Alto Networks or customer organization, and confident in delivering presentations to a senior audience
Our Technical Support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign — it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and fixing integrations and critical issues as they are raised — in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.