Specialist Employment Relations
The Perth Mint
Job Type: Full time
Welcome to The Perth Mint, where golden career opportunities await.
The Perth Mint is an iconic Western Australian organisation operating on a truly global scale. Situated in East Perth for 124 years, The Perth Mint is a premier tourist destination, an award-winning exporter, and a key supplier of precious metals to markets throughout the world.
There’s no organisation quite like it, with a variety of roles available, from engineers and chemists to artists and technicians.
Foster your fascination and pride in our work. Get inspired every day by the world-class precious metal products we work together to refine, design, produce and then distribute all over the globe. Connect to the rich history of our industry in a workplace firmly rooted in the present — as leaders in sustainability and inclusion.
At The Perth Mint, you’ll be supported in a diverse team where differences are celebrated and your well-being matters — striking the right work-life balance with compassionate team benefits. And if your career goals change, you’ll be empowered to change roles with training and internal mobility.
Reporting to the Group Manager People and Culture, you will act as the employee relations specialist, providing sound advice, building strong working relationships with managers and supporting the broader People and Culture team.
Your role as a Specialist Employment Relations will involve:
- Providing specialist advice to People and Culture team members on a wide range of employee relations matters including industrial instrument, awards, relevant legislation, and policy interpretation
- Providing fair and consistent management of grievances and disciplinary investigations
- Guiding and advising managers on any potential risks and legal implications which may arise from employee relations matters
- Representing the company at relevant FWC conciliation and court hearings
- Coordinating the enterprise agreement negotiation process from end to end
- Contributing to the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant federal and state legislation
- Developing and delivering effective training to managers on performance management and grievance handling
- Coordinating the bi-annual payroll audits and action the resulting deliverables
- Ensuring own safety and health at work and avoid adversely affecting the safety or health of any other person through any act or omission at work
- Completion of a tertiary qualification in HR or related fields
- Significant experience gained in employment relations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible work including purchased leave, leave at half pay and access to pro-rata long service leave
- Paid and unpaid parental leave
- Training and development
- Competitive salaries and employee discounts
- Charity and volunteer initiatives
- Income protection after an accident or illness
- Health and wellness programs, including an Employee Assistance Program
- Salary sacrifice – superannuation contributions.
So go on, make your mark. If you are excited by this role and want to join the team at the iconic Perth Mint, apply today. Part-time and flexible arrangements will be considered on an individual basis.
Applications close on 13 October 2023. The Perth Mint reserves the right to close applications prior to this date.
Candidates must have the right to work in Australia and pass our national security check.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We are committed to equality and celebrate the diversity of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and all characteristics that make us unique as individuals.
We encourage applications from a range of candidates, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people of all gender identities, youth, seniors, the LGBTQI+ community and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applicants with a disability who require adjustments in the recruitment process, are welcome to contact email@example.com.
To learn more about our diversity and inclusion initiatives please visit our website.