Junior / Intermediate Bookkeeper - Business Advisory & Assurance
Pitcher Partners Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
A role at Pitcher Partners is more than a job. It’s a calling; an opportunity to grow; flexibility to enjoy your personal commitments; and recognition in a supportive community.
Pitcher Partners aspires to be the leading accounting, audit, and advisory firm to middle market businesses. Our people are what makes us successful, so we provide an environment that enables you to perform at your best. Here, you’ll be encouraged to carve out a role that works for you and be rewarded for your contribution to shared successes.
Your new role
As an integral part of our Business Advisory and Assurance practice, the Outsourced Finance team provide a market-leading service suite for the management of small to medium business. In co-ordination with the broader firm, they provide client focused advice and services to all business segments.
Working in this team, you will manage the end-to-end bookkeeping requirements for a portfolio of clients, including problem-solving accounting and technology issues and assisting clients with cloud-based application solutions.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Accurate and timely processing of payroll, accounts payable and receivables, maintaining general ledgers, cash flow forecasting and management reporting.
- All aspects of banking, including preparation of workpapers and month end reconciliations.
- Preparation of periodic Business Activity Statements, Instalment Activity Statements, and other statutory returns.
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Being able to consider and problem solve any issues that arise.
- Assisting with cloud-base services and disbursements.
This role is offered on a flexible full time or part time basis.
What you bring
You have an accounting or bookkeeping qualification and some experience ideally within a professional services firm. You want to continue to work in a role that supports and delivers an outstanding client experience.
You are tech savvy and are familiar with software’s such as Xero, QuickBooks and MYOB and can maintain ledgers for multiple of clients. You have a high attention to detail and ensure that accounts prepared are accurate, whilst demonstrating the ability to effectively managing conflicting tasks.
You communicate with ease and can quickly build rapport and collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to develop trusted working relationships.
Why we’re the right fit for you
Pitcher Partners’ client base includes well-known international brands, family run businesses, government bodies and not-for-profit organisations, across a range of industries. You will work closely with clients to drive value, results and innovation, and benefit from:
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Strong opportunities for career progression;
- Regular technical training and innovative professional development;
- 14 weeks paid parental leave accessible after 6 months;
- Close interaction with partners across the firm;
- Purchased leave program;
- A supportive social environment; and
- Opportunities to participate in community-focused projects.
Our people are inspired by diversity. If you embrace different ideas, welcome creativity, and are open to new ways of seeing business problems, you will discover a welcoming team who supports your career progression.
We’re proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. This is earned through our continued commitment to the careers of women, which includes offering benefits and policies that support diversity, equity, and inclusion. Click through to the Work180 Pitcher Partners Melbourne page for more information.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners.
While we appreciate the role recruitment agencies play in our recruitment strategy, unsolicited CV’s will not be considered at this time.