Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Populous employer page in 10 seconds.
Accounts Payable Officer
Job Type: Full time
Accounts Payable Officer
Are you a meticulous Accounts Payable Officer seeking your next exciting opportunity? Embrace the opportunity to join the dynamic Finance team at Populous, a renowned global architectural design firm leading the way in transformative projects that redefine the landscape of sports and entertainment venues across the globe. As an essential member of our finance team, you will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day financial matters of the Asia Pacific region and, contributing directly to the continued success and advancement of Populous.
About us at Populous
At Populous, our teams design the places where people love to be together. We are a unique global company built on the philosophy and power of drawing large groups of people together to have incredible experiences. We have designed iconic projects all over the world that encompass stadia, convention and exhibition centres, airports, integrated resorts, high performance training facilities, e-sports and entertainment arenas, and mixed-use venues.
At our core, we are urban designers with a true focus on user experience, creating civic infrastructure that brings whole communities together for amazing experiences, all with a sustainable design approach and ethos. See more about our world-class projects and commitment to sustainable design at populous.com. See more about our world-class projects and, commitment to sustainable design at populous.com. You may recognise one of our iconic local projects here in Brisbane which has had over 24 million spectators walk through the gate - Suncorp Stadium.
Why Populous stands out from the rest.
We don’t consider ourselves just another architecture and design company. At Populous, we know that our strength comes from our diversity. Our APAC team represent over 35 different nationalities from all walks of life. We actively celebrate these cultures and are committed to creating a connected team culture that embraces and supports this. We are a truly global company, with offices and projects located throughout the APAC region – which means endless opportunities, development and adventures.
We invest heavily in sustainable design practices and have active Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion strategies (DE&I) in place that are making a difference to not only our team, but the wider communities in which we operate across the APAC region. For example, we are endorsed by Work180 for our commitment to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all women.
In addition to our strong focus on DE&I and CSR Populous provides our people:
Industry leading salary packages which are annually reviewed in addition to promotion opportunities
Hybrid working options to foster positive work life balance
- Enhanced paid leave entitlements including:
- Parental leave
- Study leave
- Blood donation leave
- Community service leave (volunteering)
- Fertility leave
- Adoption leave
- Join a truly global company in sharing connections and opportunities across the world-such as travel opportunities.
- An entertainment allowance so that you and your family/friends can enjoy visiting one of the venues that Populous has helped bring to life
- Comprehensive Employee assistance program
- Ample career development opportunities including in-house leadership development programs, mentorship programs, CPD and technical knowledge sharing workshops.
- A variety of fun activities and events organised by our POP social team (which you can get involved in)
Whatever you need to help succeed in your role, we’ll work with you to make it happen!
What will you be engaged in?
Within this exciting role you will be responsible for:
- Handling General Accounting tasks, including the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss reconciliations and monthly foreign exchange revaluation.
- Providing essential support during the month end and year end close processes.
- Investigating and resolving account discrepancies and issues of non-compliance.
- Ensuring subcontractor invoices are coded correctly and accompanied with the relevant instructions for payment and processing incoming invoices, checking validity of purchases, and allocating against the appropriate projects.
- Entering invoices into accounts processing package to ensuring appropriate recording and collation.
- Treasury management work including finalisation of bank reconciliations across multiple bank accounts, ensuring the accurate and timely payment of invoices, implementing controls for the payables function and reviewing funding needs.
- Confidently liaising with offshore resources.
- Providing comprehensive support to the Financial Controller and cover when other team members are absent
What are we looking for?
We are actively seeking an Accounts Payable Officer to join our dynamic finance team based in Brisbane. This role could mark a significant milestone in your career. At Populous, endless possibilities for professional growth and development await.
Specifically, we’re looking for people who:
- Embody our four cultural values: Integrity, Entrepreneurial Creativity, Excellence and FUN!
- Hold a tertiary accountancy-related qualification, including a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree from an Australian university or any other internationally recognised institution is highly valued.
- Possess 1-2 years’ practical experience in an operational finance role, with public accounting experience highly valued.
- Demonstrated experience with accounting for multi-company and multi-currency environments including reconciliation and elimination of intercompany projects and accounts is valued.
- Prior experience working within an architectural practice of similar size is preferable.
- Experience in International financial standards and taxation requirements is highly valued.
- A proficiency in finance systems, with prior experience using Deltek considered an advantage.
- Demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Want to see what it’s all about?
Yes, we want highly skilled people. That’s a given. But more importantly, we want people who embody our values, are truly energised by the work we do, that want to be involved in the awesome initiatives we are developing and, most importantly, who bring fun to our work environment and culture.
If you would like to have a chat to us about being part of the Populous team, then feel free to pop your Cover Letter and Resume through to us. We really look forward to chatting to you very soon!