Network Risk and Assurance Manager
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Job Type: Full time
About CitiPower and Powercor:
CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy own and operate the electricity distribution networks servicing 1.9 million customers located across 65% of Victoria.
We provide reliable, safe and affordable electricity and our businesses are independently rated as the best in the country for their efficiency. Sustaining this is all the more critical and challenging as greater electrification of homes, fleets and industries becomes a core strategy for reducing carbon emissions and addressing climate change.
Knowing you're responsible for providing an affordable essential service upon which thousands of lives and businesses depend, is a sure-fire way to feel valued and deeply connected to the community.
About the Role:
We now have an exciting permanent opportunity available as a Network Risk and Assurance Manager to join our business and lead a highly skilled team.
This role is responsible for managing risk and compliance assurance activities in relation to electricity safety legislation for our entire network system across CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy.
Leading a team, using your working experience in the electricity industry and your detailed knowledge and application of electricity safety legislation, you will play a critical role in the electricity safety (Bushfire Mitigation, Electric Line Clearance and Management) legislation. You will also be responsible for the relationship with Energy Safe Victoria and overall compliance with relevant bodies.
This position has an extremely high focus on the effective leadership of network risk management, influencing decision making processes and managing and coaching a high performing team.
Work with some of the best and know that this business will support you to take your career, and your key technical skills to where you want to go. Read on and apply below!
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assure compliance with electricity safety legislation (VPN/UE/TOA/TOA2), facilitating AFAP assessments, and administering relevant action management systems.
- Manage the bushfire mitigation strategy and act as a custodian for the bushfire risk model continuing to evolve its maturity, and ensure the business activities mitigating bushfire risk are secure prior to summer
- Manage the network risk management framework, and coordinate risk management processes with relevant stakeholders
- Assure effective management of the network risk controls. Facilitate audits by the Internal Audit team, ESV and other third parties and ensure all audits and associated actions are diligently tracked in the action management system
- Manage network safety incident and fire incident reporting, as well as acting as the primary point of contact for ESV and coordinate responses to ESV requests
- Effectively lead and coach a team, driving high performance, and a culture of engagement and continuous improvement
Required skills and experience:
- Extensive electricity industry experience, as well as comprehensive working understanding of electricity safety legislation
- Demonstrated knowledge in risk management principles, as well as working with external regulatory authorities and stakeholders
- Ability to effectively manage technical teams as well as experience in influencing decision making processes resulting in successful business outcomes
- Tertiary degree qualification - mandatory
Your career with CitiPower and Powercor:
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are also proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Also, if you read this and think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every box, or would like to discuss a different or flexible way of working, please still get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Please submit your application by midnight Thursday 1st December 2022.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business