Works Delivery Coordinator
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Location: Ballarat Central
Job Type: Full time
CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy own and operate the electricity distribution networks servicing 1.9 million customers located across 65% of Victoria. These customers include large numbers of households as well as commercial and industrial businesses, world class arts, health and sporting precincts, popular tourism regions and the biggest infrastructure projects in Victoria.
We provide reliable, safe and affordable electricity and our businesses are independently rated as the best in the country for their efficiency. Sustaining this is all the more critical and challenging as greater electrification of homes, fleets and industries becomes a core strategy for reducing carbon emissions and addressing climate change.
Be supported in a workplace that's both dynamic and welcoming, learning from the best in the business, and where there's a focus on inclusivity, collaboration, and rewarding the individual and their aspirations.
About the Role:
A new 12 month fixed term opportunity is now available to join the team for a driven and passionate Works Delivery Coordinator. Working within the Network Services business unit, this role is perfect for a driven and passionate person to own the creation and optimisation of a detailed schedule for the execution of planned works. The role requires a unique set of skills to be able to negotiate various priorities whilst ensuring health and safety compliance, productivity, and delivery execution.
Playing a key role in the Works Delivery Coordination team you will be expected to assist and add value to process improvement and communication. You will be supported to be your best, be part of a collaborative and busy team, in a business that really cares about its people and our community.
Please ntoe this role can be absed at our Ballarat deopt, or any of our office locations across Melbourne and Northern, Western or Southern Victoria.
Read on, find out more and hit ‘apply now’!
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Prepares and schedules work for field execution with Health and Safety and compliance as a number one priority
- Co-ordinate and ensure that work is released to field in a timely and complete manner with a strong focus on target date completion
- Create and instil a workplace culture that is focused on workplace continuous improvement
- Negotiate with key stakeholders modified processes, systems or project related outcomes (eg: target dates)
- Support the faults dispatch activities during emergency and escalated events to minimise unplanned customer minutes off supply STPIS (SAIDI)
- Contributes to regular reporting and information forums to review work programs and project progress
- Commit to maintaining and updating technical skills and knowledge (as required)
Required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of the electricity transmission and distribution networks (including design) or previous experience within Distribution and/or Transmission networks
- Advanced working knowledge of SAP and workforce management systems with the ability to make high quality throughput, coordination and scheduling decisions.
- Working knowledge of human resource principles & practices and understanding of regulatory compliance issues (including OHS) For example: overtime, LAHA, apprentice and trainee management, fatigue etc)
- Demonstrated understanding and application of project management methods, tools and techniques
- Advanced Diploma qualification in ESI Power Systems or a relevant technical trade discipline (desirable)
- Knowledge of the regulatory drivers, business targets and the key interfaces that impact upon the operation of CitiPower / Powercor
Your career with us:
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our benefits include:
- Exposure to industry leading practices within a strong and stable company
- A supportive team culture
- A great incentives package including an annual performance bonus, health and fitness subsidy, salary packaging options and much more….
We encourage applications from all communities; people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
If you’re looking to take the next step in your career, please submit your application by COB Thursday 8th December 2022.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business