Sustainability Reporting Analyst
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Job Type: Full time
CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy own and operate the electricity distribution networks servicing 1.9 million customers located across 65% of Victoria. These customers include large numbers of households as well as commercial and industrial businesses, world class arts, health and sporting precincts, popular tourism regions and the biggest infrastructure projects in Victoria.
We provide reliable, safe, and affordable electricity and our businesses are independently rated as the best in the country for their efficiency. Sustaining this is all the more critical and challenging as greater electrification of homes, fleets and industries becomes a core strategy for reducing carbon emissions and addressing climate change.
Increasingly, our networks are connecting new large-scale renewable energy generators and integrating technologies like solar, batteries and electric vehicles as customers change the way they generate, use, store and share power. This demand is transforming the electricity market faster than any change we’ve ever seen before. As a result, our people are at the frontline in developing and implementing innovative technologies and solutions necessary for the future of our industry not only in Victoria but globally.
We value inclusive leadership and teams and celebrate the results of succeeding together.
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety - ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
About the role:
This role is responsible for leading and delivering the development of sustainability reporting and governance processes for CitiPower, Powercor, Beon and United Energy. The role will also assist with the development of other initiatives supporting each of our focus areas detailed in our Sustainability Framework:
- Safe and equitable workplaces
- Environmental and climate resilience
- Empowering communities
- Responsible governance
This position can be either full-time, or part-time 0.8x FTE (4 days per week).
What you’ll deliver:
- Support the design, development and implementation of sustainability metrics, goals, business plans and reporting tools and work with key stakeholders to embed them in our business units
- Lead development of sustainability reports and related information for stakeholders, including project management, facilitation, and coordination of deliverables from across the business.
- Work with subject matter experts in the development of sustainability information; provide guidance on requirements, including challenging and validating content and ensure alignment to improve style of final documents.
- Work in close partnership with internal SMEs and data providers to facilitate information gathering, validation, and approvals and translate this into external communications in order to deliver sustainability requirements for various stakeholders.
- Drive improvement in governance, quality, and processes related to collecting, developing, and using sustainability related information.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation, and issues management so that internal stakeholders are engaged, and deliverables are met.
- Develop high quality communications and liaise with key external stakeholders including customers, partners, and sponsors.
To succeed in the role you’ll have:
- Previous work experience in data collection, analysis and review, and business reporting
- Understanding of the sustainability landscape, including frameworks, regulations, trends, and best practices
- Strong stakeholder engagement, and presentation skills by being able to conduct meetings with employees at all levels (including senior management staff)
- High proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Tertiary qualification in sustainability, environmental science, business, commerce, finance, communication, marketing or other relevant discipline
Your career with us:
We have a diversity of teams across our business, all contributing to great customer and community outcomes. Our people are our most important asset, and we continually invest in nurturing their capability.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive, and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to bring their whole selves to work and be the best they can be.
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every box, or would like to discuss a different or flexible way of working, please still get in touch with us at email@example.com
Please submit your application via our careers website by 4 June 2023. For the full Position Description, reach out to Luke Castro from the Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage applications from all communities; people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
If you require adjustments as part of the recruitment process to accommodate your needs, please don’t hesitate to discuss these with us.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business