Senior Network Solutions Engineer
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Job Type: Full time
CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy own and operate the electricity distribution networks servicing 1.9 million customers located across 65% of Victoria.
We provide reliable, safe and affordable electricity and our businesses are independently rated as the best in the country for their efficiency. Sustaining this is all the more critical and challenging as greater electrification of homes, fleets and industries becomes a core strategy for reducing carbon emissions and addressing climate change.
Knowing you're responsible for providing an affordable essential service upon which thousands of lives and businesses depend, is a sure-fire way to feel valued and deeply connected to the community.
About the Role:
We currently have a permanent opportunity for an experienced and skilled Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team.
The position is responsible for planning and developing network solutions for the changing electrical distribution and sub-transmission network in compliance with the National Electricity Rules and other codes.
Using your experience and skills developed in other roles you will be responsible for the scoping, analysis and business case development for customer connection and network augmentation work on all elements of the distribution network, up to and including terminal substations. This role also evaluates the connection or modification of new small and large scale generation to the network.
A busy and rewarding role is accountable for providing insights and reports to the business and stakeholders to inform and enable efficient investment decisions, in addition to working to and improving planning policies, guidelines & standards to enable timely, safe & cost-effective connections to or augmentation of the network.
This amazing opportunity also means you will lead network improvement initiatives, which will utilise your project delivery, stakeholder and change management skills to ensure a safe, reliable and affordable network for our customers now and into the future.
What you’ll deliver:
- Carry out customer connection and network augmentation scoping, analysis and develop business cases to ensure network solutions are efficient and least cost technically acceptable
- Ensure the efficient integration of generation and other innovative technologies
- Be responsible for analysis on the distribution and sub-transmission network to define both current & future constraints and take action to ensure the network is fit for purpose and reliable into the future.
- Contribute to the development of the network capital works program, planning resolution to future network constraints and augmentation requirements 10 years into the future.
- Undertake financial justifications of network augmentations to ensure efficient use of regulated capital
- Effectively manage key internal interfaces with the Program Design and Delivery Groups and other key stakeholders to ensure work is completed in accordance with project, network and organisational policies and to meet business targets
- Provide analysis, reports & support to stakeholders for network capacity, reliability, council, & customer matters
- Collaboratively work with the team and contribute to improve work process interface with customer connections, supply quality, reliability, protection & control, and maintenance process streams
- Optimise the use of the Electrical Networks to ensure current and future customer needs are met, risks to the network are minimised, and both contractual obligations and regulatory requirements are met
- Contribute and work in conjunction with other teams to answer queries, develop standards, guidelines and policies relating to both connections & network planning
- Develop and improve external reporting to improve visibility and understanding of key network issues
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organisation moving forward
To succeed in this role you’ll have:
- Tertiary qualification in electrical engineering or a related discipline
- RPEV status or be either in the process of acquiring or eligible to acquire RPEV status
- Experience in the fields of power systems analysis, network planning, electrical design, and project management in the Electricity Industry
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of the electricity industry, specifically regulated electricity networks, with an understanding of the related regulations, major stakeholders and processes related to network planning, connections and demand forecasting
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, set and meet deadlines, work independently, and perform tasks with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated stakeholder management and customer service skills to effectively work with a range of stakeholder groups to determine and satisfy their needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information to a range of stakeholders from peers to executives
Your career with us:
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to bring their whole selves to work and be the best they can be.
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every box, or would like to discuss a different or flexible way of working, please still get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application via our careers website by COB Thursday 8 June 2023. For the full Position Description, reach out to us via the email above.
The successful candidate will be required to hold, or be capable of gaining (within a set period of time), registration with a Victorian Business Licensing Authority as a Professional Engineer in the field of Electrical Engineering
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business