Head of Operations and Delivery
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Job Type: Full time
We’re a team that cares about you and your community. CitiPower and Powercor own and operate the distribution networks providing reliable, safe and affordable electricity to more than one million Victorian customers. These customers include large numbers of households as well as commercial and industrial businesses, world class arts, health and sporting precincts, popular tourism regions and the biggest infrastructure projects in Victoria.
In designing and delivering these services, our people are united by a real sense of purpose to empower customer choices in ways that are important for our communities and the environment. Our people are also at the frontline in developing and implementing innovative technologies and solutions necessary for the future of our industry not only in Victoria but globally.
About the role:
Reporting to the General Manager of Network Services, this critical role is responsible for leading our 700+ strong field workforce in the safe delivery of our works programs, including our overhead and underground construction resources, our works delivery function, along with the associated support services of warehousing, logistics and field administration. The role requires an inspirational and strategic leader, with the ability to foster a high-performance culture and cultivate trusting relationships.
What you’ll deliver:
- Facilitate the short and long-term direction of the Operations and Delivery teams by understanding current and emerging trends in a regulated business environment and executing them in a considered and people-centric manner.
- Provide leadership to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of works programs.
- Sponsor and deliver on business transformation through the execution of improvement projects that support and enhance safety, efficiency, productivity, innovation and collaboration.
- Ensure business operations are as efficient and effective as possible, where operational and delivery KPIs are met or exceeded, and where the groups feel enabled to achieve a high level of performance.
- Build relationships with external stakeholders, such as unions, WorkSafe, and facilitate the successful negotiation of our Enterprise Agreement, ensuring any changes are well communicated and understood.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental compliance meet the highest industry standards.
- Drive works delivery outcomes that ensure the productive and efficient utilisation of our internal resources, resource partners, along with third party services.
- Provide oversight of supply chain and logistics (warehouse and distribution, depot material stock, spare equipment) across Network Services operations and ensure that materials are managed in accordance with policies and procedures.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- A tertiary qualification in an engineering, business/commerce or management discipline.
- Experience in a similar senior leadership role where you have led a large, operational, field/construction workforce.
- Experience in enacting change within unionised environments.
- Well-developed commercial acumen, with the resilience to negotiate complexity and challenges with ease.
- A leadership style that is authentic and results driven.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills to work pragmatically and collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in workforce change, succession planning, and transformation.
- Working knowledge of employment law, legislation and frameworks, including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Your career with us:
We have a diversity of teams across our business, all contributing to great customer and community outcomes. Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
Please submit your application via our careers website by 1 October 2023.
For the full Position Description, please reach out to the Talent team at email@example.com.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to be the best they can be. CitiPower and Powercor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business