HV Switching Sheet Writer (Operating Instructions Writer)
Job Type: Full time
Are you experienced in Power Systems Operations and Network Access and interested in joining Powerlink’s Network Operations team in an exciting and high growth phase of Queensland’s distribution network?
Powerlink currently has multiple, permanent, career opportunities for Network Access Specialists to protect our HV Transmission Network. Is this you?
- You are a self-motivated and proactive individual with strong personal leadership skills
- You have the technical expertise to ensure the safety and security of our people and power system
- Your professional values are around teamwork, accountability, safety and customer focus
- You embrace change and innovation, to support the transition to a new energy future and network
- This role may also be known externally as Network Operations Officer, Non-shift HV Controller, Electricity Planner.
About the role
Working with your peers in a close knit team of technical experts you will plan outage work packages and produce outage documents for our organisation and its customers.
- Directly support the efficient production of switching sheets (operating instructions) associated with planned and unplanned outage coordination of Powerlink’s transmission network
- Strategically prioritise network access requirements ensuring safety, efficiency, operational best practice and customer needs are met
- Build and maintain effective internal and external relationships, providing advice and support for outage coordination for Powerlink’s transmission network.
- Great progression opportunities into Senior Network Access Specialist and other roles within Network Operations and the organisation.
You are a self-motivated and proactive individual with strong personal leadership skills. Your capabilities and experience allow you to excel in a rapidly changing environment.
Your success will be determined by your commitment to teamwork, accountability, safety and customer focus. You are consistently applying attention to detail, dedication and excellent communication skills in your work. You demonstrate your ability for prioritisation, planning and organisation and keeping a solution focussed mindset.
You will have demonstrated knowledge of and experience in:
- Safe Access to High Voltage Electrical Apparatus for the purpose of preparing, writing, checking and authorising network access works packages.
- National Electricity Rules, the Electricity Act and Regulations, and other relevant legislation.
- Transmission networks, its elements and protection schemes.
- Responsibly and reliably take action to meet deadlines and changes in priorities.
- Providing solutions to complex technical HV access challenges with a quality focus, whilst applying careful attention to detail to ensure conformance, safety, and optimisation of network access services.
- Advanced Diploma (AQF6) in Electrical Engineering or, a lesser electrical qualification coupled with significant experience in HV transmission network environments
Ideally supported by:
- High Voltage accreditations such as Outage Coordinator, Switching Sheet (Operating Instructions) Writer/Checker and/or Field Switching and Access roles.
With the ability and motivation to acquire any you don’t already have.
If you see yourself in this opportunity, then we want to hear from you. Please click apply and follow the prompts, submitting your resume and a cover letter highlighting suitability and drive to be part of Powerlink’s Network Access team. A Criminal History Check might be required as part of our recruitment process. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Applications for these positions close at 11.59pm on Sunday 25 September 2022. Please monitor your e-mail for further communication regarding the progress of your application.
Please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com if you have any questions about the opportunity or would like a copy of the position description.
Powerlink is a leading Australian provider of electricity transmission services, delivering safe, cost effective and reliable solutions. Our purpose is to connect Queenslanders to a world-class energy future, providing electricity to five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses.
Our people strategy focuses on belonging, balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
At Powerlink, we are an equal opportunity employer and proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women.