Layout Designers and Senior Layout Designers - Transmission Lines Layout Design
Job Type: Full time
We are a government owned corporation and operate and maintain the high-voltage transmission network services to Queensland as part of the National Electricity Market. We pride ourselves on designing, building and maintaining the state’s critical electricity infrastructure network. At Powerlink we are an equal opportunity employer that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Powerlink Queensland, Queensland’s high voltage transmission network provider, currently has career opportunities for experienced Line Layout Designers and Senior Layout Designers to support the design of allocated Transmission Line engineering projects.
If you are an expert in Layout Design, mainly in the areas of transmission line design and drafting we need your expert design advice in the following:
- Deliver transmission line layout designs and detailed PLS_Cadd design services and analysis
- Provide technical advice and mentoring regarding transmission line layout design.
- Undertake the lead design role on allocated transmission line layout designs and projects.
About the role
You will manage and deliver the successful layout design for a number of Powerlink's transmission line projects including providing PLS_Cadd design services and detailed analysis on layouts.
In this important design role you will ensure that the specific design objectives are achieved. This involves all aspects of layout design for transmission lines and including monitoring scope, budget, schedule, quality, procurement, resources and risks.
Critical to your success will be your ability to collaborate with other design functions to optimize layout design solutions and to operate effectively across different functional groups and stakeholders.
- You are recognised in the industry as an expert in Transmission line layout design and PLS_Cadd.
- You have an Associate Diploma in Survey, Electrical or Civil Engineering plus relevant significant experience in transmission line layout design and PLS_Cadd, in particular 3D transmission line layout and the application of Finite Element principles
- You are able to provide advice on the application of electrical clearances, insulators, conductors, hardware and transmission line structure models in PLS_Cadd layout designs.
- You have a working knowledge of line construction, the design principles of overhead lines, conductor mechanics, material strengths and of the cost drivers relating to overhead lines.
- You have also demonstrated your ability to communicate and manage time effectively to achieve tight deadlines in a multi-functional project environment.
One of Powerlink’s key drivers is to become the renewable energy super grid of the future and a leader in the transmission industry. If you have (Senior) Design Drafting experience in (HV) Electrical Line Layout Design and want to further your career in Primary Systems design to support the connection renewable energy projects to the National Electricity Market, then we want to hear from you.
To apply please click on the Apply Now button and submit a covering letter, an updated resume and answer the application questions. You will need to submit an application by Midnight Sunday 26 March 2023. Please monitor your e-mail for further communication regarding the progress of your application.
Please contact Powerlink's recruitment team for any further information on these opportunities on firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Powerlink, we are an equal opportunity employer and proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are a government owned corporation and operate and maintain the high-voltage transmission network services to Queensland as part of the National Electricity Market. We pride ourselves on designing, building and maintaining the state’s critical electricity infrastructure network. At Powerlink we are an equal opportunity employer that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Our people strategy focuses on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
At Powerlink, we offer:
- Family friendly and flexible working arrangements
- 14 weeks paid parental leave - at full or half pay
- Substitution of Public Holidays
- Bright, open office layout
- Free undercover parking and charging stations for electric vehicles
- Access to a corporate health plan with employee discounts
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Onsite gym facilities
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Various other forms of leave that support you to support your community.
Our competitive employment terms and conditions are enhanced by a broad range of benefits including, salary packaging novated lease vehicles, and access to an onsite credit union and cafeteria.