Layout Designer - Transmission Lines
Job Type: Full time
Powerlink is a leading Australian provider of high voltage electricity transmission network services, combining innovation with insight to deliver safe, cost effective and reliable solutions for Queensland.
As a Government Owned Corporation, Powerlink owns, develops, operates, and maintains the high voltage electricity transmission network in Queensland. The network extends 1,700 kilometres from Cairns to the New South Wales border and comprises 15,345 circuit km of transmission lines and 147 substations.
Powerlink’s purpose is to Connect Queenslanders to a World-class Energy Future and will play a key role in delivering the Queensland Governments recently announced “Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan” which is targeting 70% renewable energy by 2032 and 80% by 2035.
By joining Powerlink, you can be a part of the team that is transforming Queensland’s energy system and providing clean reliable and affordable energy for Queenslanders.
Powerlink Queensland, Queensland’s high voltage transmission network provider, currently has career opportunities for experienced Transmission Line Layout Designers/Engineers to support the design of allocated Transmission Line engineering projects.
If you possess the skills and experience in Layout Design, in the areas of transmission line design we need your design advice in the following:
- Undertake the lead design role
- Deliver transmission line layout designs and detailed PLS Cadd design services and analysis
- Provide AutoCadd drafting and supplementary services
- Provide technical advice and mentoring
About the role
Roles vary from preparation of Layout Design supporting documentation to management and delivery of the successful layout design for Powerlink's transmission line projects including provision of PLS Cadd modelling, design services and detailed analysis.
In this important design role you will ensure that the specific design objectives are achieved. This involves all aspects of layout design for transmission lines and including monitoring scope, budget, schedule, quality, procurement, resources and risks.
Critical to your success will be your ability to collaborate with other design functions to optimize layout design solutions and to operate effectively across different functional groups and stakeholders.
- You possess demonstrated experience in PLS Cadd Line Design and AutoCad drafting programs; in particular 3D transmission line layout and the application of Finite Element principles.
- As a minimum, you have an Associate Diploma in Survey, Electrical or Civil Engineering plus relevant significant experience in transmission line layout design.
- You are able to provide advice on the application of electrical clearances, insulators, conductors, hardware and transmission line structure models in PLS Cadd layout designs.
- You have detailed knowledge of engineering survey systems and methodology utilised during the design of transmission lines.
- You have a working knowledge of line construction, the design principles of overhead lines, conductor mechanics, material strengths and of the cost drivers relating to overhead lines.
- You have also demonstrated your ability to communicate and manage time effectively to achieve tight deadlines in a multi-functional project environment.
If you see yourself in this opportunity, then we want to hear from you. Please click apply and follow the prompts, submitting your resume, provide an answer to the application questions and a cover letter.
Applications close on Sunday, 4 June 2030 at 11:59pm. Please monitor your e-mail for communication regarding progress of your application.
Please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com if you have any questions about the opportunity.
Inclusion at Powerlink
Unleashing our people’s potential is essential to our success. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and where diverse perspectives are valued. We are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people.
Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive for you. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
Powerlink is a leading Australian provider of electricity transmission services, delivering safe, cost effective and reliable solutions. Our purpose is to connect Queenslanders to a world-class energy future, providing electricity to five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses.
An attractive work environment with a friendly and social culture, including free secure on-site parking, a sponsored cafeteria and gym. We offer flexible working arrangements to suit your personal and family needs, an attractive market based remuneration package and several other membership benefits. Come and work with us to find out how great we really are.