Information Support Specialist/ Document Controller
Job Type: Full time
As a Government Owned Corporation, Powerlink owns, develops, operates, and maintains the high voltage electricity transmission network in Queensland. The network extends 1,700 kilometres from Cairns to the New South Wales border and comprises 15,345 circuit km of transmission lines and 147 substations.
Powerlink’s purpose is to Connect Queenslanders to a World-class Energy Future and will play a key role in delivering the Queensland Governments recently announced “Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan” which is targeting 70% renewable energy by 2032 and 80% by 2035.
By joining Powerlink, you can be a part of the team that is transforming Queensland’s energy system and providing clean reliable and affordable energy for Queenslanders
Powerlink is currently experiencing tremendous growth, with a record number of renewable energy connections planned as part of our rapidly expanding capital works program. To ensure that we are best equipped to handle this growth, we have established a Digital Engineering Program which this role will play a vital role in.
We need your extensive experience in document control and specialist information support processes and software, i.e. InEight and/or Smartplant Foundation (SPF), in the delivery of world-class engineering systems and processes that support our engineering teams for our capital works program.
About the role
The Digital Engineering Program is comprised of multiple streams and presents a unique opportunity for several experienced professionals to join these streams of work.
This program has the potential to revolutionize our business and optimize the delivery of infrastructure projects through high-quality, reusable information and collaboration with various departments throughout the asset life cycle.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- managing the flow of information and documents
- ensuring that all parties have access to the most current versions of project documentation
- administering and maintaining the document-/ drawing management systems, using for example InEight, SPF.
- Significant experience in a document control and/or drawing management role
- Extensive experience in document control software, system administration and management in such as InEight, Aconnex and SPF and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrate strong data/information customer service relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. construction management, engineering, information management)
This is a great opportunity to deliver real business outcomes in a dynamic environment. If you believe you meet the above requirements and can contribute significant value to outcomes for Powerlink please click on the "Apply" button below.
Applications close on Wednesday 7 June 2023 at 11:59pm. Please monitor your e-mail regarding communication on progress of your application.
A merit based selection process will be conducted following your application to select successful applicants.
For further information about this opportunity contact Powerlink’s recruitment team on email@example.com.
Inclusion at Powerlink
Unleashing our people’s potential is essential to our success. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and where diverse perspectives are valued. We are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people.
Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive for you. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
Powerlink is a leading Australian provider of electricity transmission services, delivering safe, cost effective and reliable solutions. Our purpose is to connect Queenslanders to a world-class energy future, providing electricity to five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses.