Data Analytics & Insights Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Powerlink is Queensland’s high-voltage electricity transmission company. We are a well-established Government Owned Corporation with aspirational goals to embed innovation into our day to day business to provide a safe, reliable and affordable network that offers our electricity consumers and our connection customers’ value for money.
Powerlink Queensland, Queensland’s HV transmission provider, is currently experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. Our purpose is to connect Queenslanders to a World-class Energy Future and play a key role in developing the renewable energy grid of the future. Help us in transforming Queensland’s energy system and providing clean reliable and affordable energy for Queenslanders.
By joining Powerlink, as our Analytics and Insights Specialist you will use your data manipulation, analytic and visualisation skills in an internal consulting role to support critical decision making.
About the role
In this long term temporary role you will work closely within a team of Information Specialists and develop and deliver solutions for your internal customer base to support business activities. You will use Alteryx to transform and analyse complex data, and develop Tableau dashboards that support end users in the business to make data driven decisions.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop business requirements regarding data and information management
- Extract, transform and analyse data to inform business critical decision making
- Create interactive Tableau Dashboards that incorporate good visual design principles
- Produce business centric reports that identify and manage risks, issues, solutions and controls
- Support the optimisation of business processes
- Undertake advanced data analysis to support electricity network strategy
You have a formal qualification in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Business Intelligence or an equivalent discipline. Ideally you have relevant post graduate qualifications and experience with Alteryx and Tableau (or similar tools).
- You like working in an environment where there are opportunities for cross functional co-operation and providing exceptional customer service
- Your attention to detail is one of your strengths and you use that skill to produce quality technical and data driven solutions
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced team environment and know how to prioritize and self-manage changing priorities
- You have the confidence to speak up when required and to provide suggested improvements and enhancements to processes
If this role sounds right for you, and you are interested in joining a supportive, collaborative team, please apply below with a cover letter and resume.
Applications close: Wednesday 7 June at 11.59pm. Please monitor your e-mail for communication on your application.
Or for further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Powerlink Queensland is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
Some occasional intrastate and interstate travel may be required for short periods.
Inclusion at Powerlink
Unleashing our people’s potential is essential to our success. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and where diverse perspectives are valued. We are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people.
Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive for you. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
Powerlink is a leading Australian provider of electricity transmission services, delivering safe, cost effective and reliable solutions. Our purpose is to connect Queenslanders to a world-class energy future, providing electricity to five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses.