Information Management Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Powerlink is a leading Australian provider of high voltage electricity transmission network services, combining innovation with insight to deliver safe, cost effective and reliable solutions. We are a Government Owned Corporation that owns, develops, operates and maintains the high voltage electricity transmission network in Queensland. Our network extends 1,700 kilometres from Cairns to the New South Wales border, and comprises 15,345 circuit km of transmission lines and 147 substations. Our purpose is to connect Queenslanders to a world-class energy future, providing electricity to more than five million Queenslanders and 253,000 businesses.
At Powerlink, every possibility starts with you
We believe life’s about possibilities. And so’s the future.
That’s why we need you. As Information Management Specialist, you’ll help us connect Queensland to an even brighter and more sustainable future, providing high voltage electricity to over five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses. No matter your role, your work is about every light turned on. It’s every community connected and every future made possible.
Together, we’re gearing up for an even brighter future, working at the heart of Queensland’s energy transformation. Now more than ever, we need people who want to help us grow our impact and ensure we’re ready to tackle the challenge of our lives. Join us and make it happen.
Find a career that matters and lasts
As an Information Management Specialist, you’ll help find clever solutions to interesting problems as you grow your skills every day. And you’ll do it with down-to-earth people who you’re proud to work with and get to know.
- You’ll delivery technical information utilising CAD tools, InEight software, drawing management systems, project control processes and contract delivery models.
- You’ll support the receipt, registration, recording, storage & retrieval of technical documents, records and configuration data.
- You’ll maintain accurate and up-to-date document registers and databases, as well as enforcing document control procedures, encompassing document numbering, filing, and archiving.
- You’ll enforce the use of approved Common Data Environment tools for communication and document management, with proper governance and control checks.
- You’ll play a pivotal role in collaborating with project teams to manage document workflows and ensure timely review and approval of documents, providing training and support to project team members.
What you’ll bring
- Degree qualifications in Information/Document Management, or equivalent discipline or a lessor qualification with equivalent significant experience.
- Knowledge and experience in working within a Technical Document Management system, to facilitate the receipt, registration, recording, storage & retrieval of technical documents, records and configuration data taking into account security, reliability and fit for purpose, financial/legal risks and customer needs.
- Experience in utilisation of a document management system to issue/transmit and register documents, workflow and correspondence management.
- Ability to analyse data and information to verify and validate process.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex information management issues with excellent communication skills to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
We’d also love you to have:
- Qualifications in Information/Document Management, or equivalent discipline.
- Experience working with the SmartPlant Foundation (SPF) and InEight Software Document Management Software (Teambinder).
- Ability to multi-task and work autonomously as part of a high-performing team.
What matters most is your drive to make an impact for the millions of people we serve. Through our core values of accountability, customer service, teamwork and safety, you’ll strive to question and challenge the ordinary every day.
There’s lots to love about a career with Powerlink. But our people say there’s three things that really stand out:
- A career that matters and lasts: You’ll shape a progressive career connecting more than five million Queenslanders to a world-class, clean energy future.
- Unique work and the chance to grow: You’ll help find smart solutions to interesting problems as you develop your skills and impact every day.
- People who love to support and share: You’ll build relationships with experienced, down-to-earth people who you’ll be proud to work with.
You'll also enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Hybrid, family-friendly and flexible working arrangements including substitution of public holidays
- 12.75% superannuation and salary packaging of novated lease vehicles
- Volunteer leave and 14 weeks paid parental leave - at full or half pay
- Bright, open office layout with access to onsite credit union and cafeteria
- Free undercover parking and charging stations for electric vehicles
Be the start of every possibility
There’s so much opportunity for you to grab here. If this role sounds like it would suit you, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please click on the Apply button above. This will take you to our careers page, where you’ll start the application process by attaching your resume and cover letter. Applications close Midnight, Sunday 1st October 2023. Kindly be aware that the Recruitment team will commence the review process during this period.
If you’d like to find out more about this position, please reach out to our recruitment team at email@example.com.
At Powerlink, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people. Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include, but are not limited to: reference checks, criminal background checks, right to work eligibility, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy checks.
We’re proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to respond to every applicant.