Senior Learning & Development Advisor / Senior Instructional Designer
Job Type: Full time
Powerlink Queensland is a leading provider of high voltage electricity transmission network services and plays a central role in connecting Queenslanders to a new energy future. As part of this, we are planning and delivering a large number of major projects, including renewable energy developments, across Queensland.
- Bring new skills & knowledge that will contribute to growing the capability of our increasing workforce.
- Get stuck into challenging projects that will see you engaging regularly with key stakeholders to help them realise their workforce potential.
- Play your part in connecting Queensland to a brighter, more sustainable energy future by shaping best practices.
Want to get stuck into cutting-edge projects that aren’t being delivered elsewhere in Queensland? Be the start of every possibility with Powerlink.
At Powerlink, every possibility starts with you
We believe life’s about possibilities. And so’s the future.
That’s why we need you. As the Senior Instructional Designer, you’ll help us connect Queensland to an even brighter and more sustainable future, providing high voltage electricity to over five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses.
No matter your role, your work is about every light turned on. It’s every community connected and every future made possible.
Together, we’re gearing up for an even brighter future, working at the heart of Queensland’s energy transformation. Now more than ever, we need people who want to help us grow our impact and ensure we’re ready to tackle the challenge of our lives. Join us and make it happen.
Find a career that matters and lasts
As the Senior Instructional Design, you’ll help analyse, design and develop training solutions across a range of organisational Divisions - interesting problems will also help you grow your own knowledge of the electrical services industry.
You’ll undertake tasks with well-intentioned, down-to-earth people who are reaching for the same goals. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to support and discuss organisational training needs, skillset gaps and development pathways.
Through a systems approach to training and development, you will be responsible for integrating contemporary adult-learning principles and best practice training/learning methodologies and modes.
Utilising your expertise, you will guide and mentor instructional designers and project training teams to effectively implement Powerlink’s Organisational Training and Development Governance Framework and related procedures aligned to the ADDIE Model. In this role, you will collaborate closely with multiple teams and subject-matter experts to apply the end-to-end training model lifecycle, which will see the development of quality, fit-for-purpose training program materials.
Leading a small team, you will oversee the formal project management and basic change management of organisational training instructional design projects, including e-Learning design and co-facilitation of train the trainer sessions.
What you’ll bring
- Degree level qualifications in Adult Education, Learning/Training and Development, Educational Design or formal qualifications in the ADDIE Instructional Design Model coupled with extensive demonstrated experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated experience in an enterprise-wide, Senior Instructional Designer role preferably in a highly regulated, technical environment such as the energy sector, heavy industry, utilities and/or resources sector.
- Proven experience project managing technical instructional design projects/initiatives across a large organisation with a small team.
- Experience with multi-media/e-Learning contemporary design methodologies and the ability to build and/or quality review a storyboard.
We’d also love you to have:
- Certificate IV+ in Training and Assessment (TAE2016+) and or the willingness to obtain.
- Certificate IV in Project Management or equivalent, or willingness to obtain.
- Change management qualifications (e.g., Prosci ADKAR) or a willingness to obtain.
What matters most is your drive to make an impact for the millions of people we serve. Through our core values of accountability, customer service, teamwork and safety, you’ll strive to question and challenge the ordinary every day.
There’s lots to love about a career with Powerlink. But our people say there’s three things that really stand out:
- A career that matters and lasts: You’ll shape a progressive career connecting more than five million Queenslanders to a world-class, clean energy future.
- Unique work and the chance to grow: You’ll help find smart solutions to interesting problems as you develop your skills and impact every day.
- People who love to support and share: You’ll build relationships with experienced, down-to-earth people who you’ll be proud to work with.
You’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Family, friendly and flexible working arrangements.
- Available to you will be working a 9-day fortnight with RDO’s every second week.
- Competitive remuneration package + 12.75% superannuation.
Be the start of every possibility
There’s so much opportunity for you to grab here. If this role sounds like it would suit you, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please click on the Apply button above. This will take you to our careers page, where you’ll start the application process by attaching your resume and cover letter. Application close midnight Tuesday 3 October, 2023. Kindly be aware that the Recruitment team will commence the review process during this period.
If you’d like to find out more about this position, please reach out to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Powerlink, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people.
Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include, but are not limited to reference checks, criminal background checks, right to work eligibility, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy checks.
We’re proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to respond to every applicant.