Team Leader Training Coordination
Job Type: Full time
Powerlink Queensland, Queensland’s HV transmission provider, is currently experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. Our project portfolio is expanding in size, complexity and scope with multiple innovative projects supporting Queensland renewable energy targets.
- Bring your leadership skills & extensive coordination skillset to contribute to the growing the capability of our increasing workforce.
- Get stuck into the continuous improvement projects that will see you regularly coaching your team & collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Play your part in connecting Queensland to a brighter, more sustainable energy future by shaping best practices.
Newly created role | Market Competitive Remuneration | Genuine flexible & hybrid work arrangements
At Powerlink, every possibility starts with you
We believe life’s about possibilities. And so’s the future.
That’s why we need you. As the Team Leader Training Coordination, you’ll help us connect Queensland to an even brighter and more sustainable future, providing high voltage electricity to over five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses. No matter your role, your work is about every light turned on. It’s every community connected, and every future made possible.
Together, we’re gearing up for an even brighter future, working at the heart of Queensland’s energy transformation. Now more than ever, we need people who want to help us grow our impact and ensure we’re ready to tackle the challenge of our lives. Join us and make it happen.
Find a career that matters and lasts
Reporting directly to the Manager, Organisational Training, you’ll help design and implement clever solutions that helps the team, and your stakeholders realise the organisation’s strategic goals. And you’ll undertake tasks with well-intentioned, down-to-earth people who are reaching for the same outcomes.
You will engage with key stakeholders and learners to source formal training solutions and schedule development pathways to remediate skills gaps. Your high-level organisational and interpersonal skills will see the smooth planning and implementation of significant training events.
This role will work closely with the governance, instructional design and delivery teams to ensure that training coordination tasks are carried out thoroughly prior, during, and after training programs have been conducted. You will contribute to the success of continuous improvement initiatives through the development of governance processes, alignment of own team to clear responsibilities, and the socialisation of any process improvements with key stakeholders.
You will promote the Organisational Training and Development Governance Framework and associated training coordination processes with business stakeholders and own team, and actively use and advocate for the use of digital learning management systems as the single source of truth for workforce capability data.
What you’ll bring
- Diploma in Business Administration/Project Management or a lesser qualification coupled with extensive demonstrated experience in a similar position.
- Certificate IV+ in Training and Assessment (TAE2016+) and the willingness to upgrade to TAE2022.
- Basic understanding of the Australian Qualifications Framework, National Training Packages, and RTO Standards
- Demonstrated experience operating in a training coordination environment within a complex, highly technical organisation with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading a small team.
- Proven expertise using digital learning management systems (e.g., SAP Success Factors).
We’d also love you to have:
- Change management qualifications or a willingness to obtain e.g., Prosci ADKAR.
- High level of written and oral communication skills, including Microsoft Office suite literacy.
What matters most is your drive to make an impact for the millions of people we serve. Through our core values of accountability, customer service, teamwork and safety, you’ll strive to question and challenge the ordinary every day.
There’s lots to love about a career with Powerlink. But our people say there’s three things that really stand out:
- A career that matters and lasts: You’ll shape a progressive career connecting more than five million Queenslanders to a world-class, clean energy future.
- Unique work and the chance to grow: You’ll help find smart solutions to interesting problems as you develop your skills and impact every day.
- People who love to support and share: You’ll build relationships with experienced, down-to-earth people who you’ll be proud to work with.
You’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Flexible, Family, Friendly 9-day fortnight option.
- Competitive remuneration package + 12.75% superannuation.
- Substitution of Public Holidays and flexible working options.
Be the start of every possibility
There’s so much opportunity for you to grab here. If this role sounds like it would suit you, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please click on the Apply button above. This will take you to our careers page, where you’ll start the application process by attaching your resume and cover letter. Application close at 11.59AM Tuesday 3 October 2023. Kindly be aware that the Recruitment team will commence the review process during this period.
If you’d like to find out more about this position, please reach out to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Powerlink, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people.
Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include, but are not limited to reference checks, criminal background checks, right to work eligibility, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy checks.
We’re proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to respond to every applicant.