Junior Management Accountant
Queensland Magnesia (QMAG)
Job Type: Full time
Salary: Attractive Salary Package
- Competitive salary package
- Ability for flexible work arrangements
- Junior role with growth trajectory and exceptional learning and development opportunities
Robert Walters is excited to exclusively partner with QMAG Ltd, QMAG is one of the world's largest producers of deadburned, electrofused, and calcined magnesia for the global refractory and chemical markets.
This exceptional position is suited for a junior candidate who has 1-2 years experience in a similar role. The successful applicant will be given world-class training to reach Management Accountant level within the business. This exciting role would be suitable for someone who loves a challenge, thrives in a dynamic environment, and enjoys working in a supportive team.
- Deliver month-end forecasting and annual business plan activities
- Internal and external audit
- Reviewing proposals ensuring QMAG policies and procedures are followed
- Drive cost management, variance analysis, and financial reporting for the mining operations
- Liaise with multiple departments across productions, sales ad marketing, maintenance and engineering, mining, WHS, HR, procurement, supply chain, and logistics
- Maintain effective key internal controls
- Information gathering across multiple business departments, analysing complex data.
- Experience with SAP (advantageous)
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate degree in accounting
- Studying toward Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) or actively working towards attaining this
- Clear communication with the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to continuous improvement
- Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports as required and directed
- Experience in dealing with large volumes of transactional data
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
The successful applicant for this position will be required to successfully complete drug and alcohol screening.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Ryan Frampton on 07 3032 2277 for a confidential discussion.