Principal Project Coordinator [RFS Uplift] - Asset Services
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Contract/temp
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Tenure Period:Asap until 30 June 2023
Possibility of Extension:Yes
$4,530.50 - $4,851.30 per fortnight
Strategy & Corporate Services
Midnight 29 September 2022
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
The Asset Services Directorate is responsible for providing fit for purpose fleet, equipment and built assets which will meet the agency demands both operationally and strategically into the future. The team works to strategically manage the diverse fleet and equipment, building, construction, maintenance and leasing activities across all QFES fleet and property assets to ensure requirements are in line with whole-of-government legislation and achieve value for money in fleet delivery and workplace design and construction.
Reporting to the Director, Building and Property Services, you will manage and coordinate the functions of the Rural Fire Service Fleet and Facilities Uplift program in support of current and future funding allocation and investment. You will work collaboratively with RFS business leads and key stakeholders in the development of complex fleet and property strategic plans, infrastructure planning, transactions, and lease management, including review and coordination of funding applications and approvals to deliver timely fleet maintenance and allocation requirements, equipment and built assets that achieve fit-for-purpose outcomes through best practice project, procurement and asset management activities to meet RFS operational and organisational objectives.
Highly desirable requirements
- Experience in property transaction management and/or relevant qualifications in Town Planning, Property Economics, Valuation, Engineering, Project Management or Quantity Surveying.
- Knowledge and/or experience or qualifications in project management and enterprise resource planning systems.
- Knowledge and/or experience in developing business improvement strategies within a complex service delivery environment.
- Experience with the use of financial management systems (SAP). Including: processing and maintaining assets, processing of accounts payable invoices and organising payments, and ledger reconciliations.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Manage multiple fleet, capital works and minor works strategy and planning projects to ensure alignment with RFS asset requirements, best practice project methodologies and governance frameworks.
- Coordinate, plan and implement associated tasks, and regular progress status reports, including asset investment and realisation to ensure quality outcomes and project deliverables are achieved.
- Provide high-level advice to senior management on a range of business improvement, policy and procedural issues impacting and/or influencing program initiatives and service delivery.
- Ensure that business outcomes, performance indicators, project deliverables and deadlines are achieved or re-prioritised to ensure the successful completion of program initiatives on behalf of RFS.
- Prepare and review high-quality and timely reports, submissions, briefs, correspondence and communications related to project plans and schedules, in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Represent QFES at working groups and internal committee meetings to provide project briefings and advice to stakeholders and ensure positive outcomes are achieved.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients and vendors to ensure appropriate solutions and procurement are responsive to current and future needs.
- Manage the effective delivery and reporting of projects across the RFS fleet and property portfolio, including overseeing the effective use of the team’s resources, and management of contracts and consultancies.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Team Leader (leading others)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Makes insightful decisions
- Develops and mobilises talent
- Builds enduring relationships
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Lindie Taylor, Director, Building and Property Management on phone 0448 714 632 or email Lindie.Taylor@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.