Senior Project Officer (AO6) Priority Project Support
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Contract/temp
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Temporary Flexible Full-time
Tenure Period:until 30 June 2023
Possibility of Extension:Yes
$4,062.10 - $4,337.00 per fortnight
Strategy & Corporate Services
Strategy & Assurance
Priority Project Support
Midnight Monday 3 October 2022
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
The Priority Project Support team will facilitate rapid turnaround and implementation of work related to high priority strategic and service delivery initiatives. The team will provide a quick injection of resources for programs of work that have been identified as areas that will impact strategic priorities, address enterprise risk to priority service delivery outcomes and allow for positive program deliverable and outcomes be achieved for QFES.
Reporting to the Director, you will be a key member of the team, supporting and assisting in the delivery of multiple strategic initiatives to ensure the end-to-end management of processes relating to the Priority Project Support program, whilst adhering to QFES governance and policy and assisting contract management processes to meet project deliverables. You will contribute to the development of project documentation, monitor project budgets, manage timelines, undertake stakeholder engagement, and work collaboratively with QFES staff, volunteers and key stakeholders to achieve fit-for-purpose outcomes that meet strategic organisational objectives.
Highly desirable requirements
- Experience in project management or knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to acquire knowledge of the Queensland General Goods and Services Contracting Framework and supply chain contract management.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Contribute to the implementation of strategies and plans of complex projects and ensure alignment with organisational requirements, best practice project methodologies and governance frameworks.
- Assist program lead(s) with the management and implementation of multiple strategic initiatives and/or acquisition of equipment, products and services, including any associated tasks to ensure quality project outcomes meet stakeholder objectives.
- Undertake research and analysis, and interpret and solve problems to support the implementation of various initiatives and programs, including identifying opportunities for improvement in processes and service delivery.
- Provide high level advice and recommendations to senior executives and key stakeholders regarding progress of projects and/or issues to support QFES strategic initiatives and enable effective decision making.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support project activities and ensure program delivery meets desired timeframes and budget allocations.
- Assist in the preparation of submissions, briefs and other correspondence relating to project activities, and provide status updates and reports on outcomes, in accordance with department requirements.
- Represent QFES in relevant forums and facilitate working groups to ensure key project deliverables and timeframes are achieved.
- Work effectively in a professional working environment, fostering teamwork and encourage staff commitment and innovation, including actively participating in performance and development programs.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Leads change in complex environments
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Samantha Stream, Director, Priority Project Support on phone 0412 085 060 or email Samantha.Stream@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.