Procurement Officer - Specialised Equipment and General Goods and Services
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
One QFES. Many Services, Many Capabilities, Many Partners
$92,659.00 - $100,499.00 per annum
Strategy & Corporate Services
FIN PROC LEVY
Midnight 27 March 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
Procurement Services leads the QFES procurement and travel functions, and is responsible for the procurement governance, sourcing, support services, and management of specialised equipment, general goods and services, fleet and ICT procurement contacts, standing officer arrangements and panel arrangements in compliance with Queensland procurement policy and Queensland Government Contract Management Framework.
Reporting to the Principal Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for managing procurement processes relating to contracts as well as establishing standing offer arrangements and panel arrangements within the specialised equipment and general goods and services category. You will work collaboratively with QFES staff, volunteers and stakeholders to achieve fit-for-purpose outcomes through best practice procurement activities to meet organisational objectives.
Highly desirable requirements
- Queensland Government Level 3 Purchasing Certification or equivalent.
- SAP training and experience in procurement systems
- Knowledge and experience in Queensland General Goods and Services Contracting Frameworks and supply chain contracts management.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Oversee and coordinate medium risk procurement projects for specialised equipment and general goods and services products and services and ensure positive outcomes to meet client and stakeholder objectives.
- Provide advice relating to procurement and contract management matters to facilitate procurement planning and ensure adherence to procurement policy and departmental objectives are achieved.
- Liaise and consult with internal and external clients, vendors and staff to ensure procurement services are responsive to current and future needs.
- Undertake contract administration activities in collaboration with contract managers including planning and reporting to ensure risk, probity and transparency requirements are addressed and agreements delivery best value for money.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, submissions, briefs and other correspondence relating to procurement contract matters in accordance with department requirements, and governance.
- Work effectively in a professional working environment, fostering team work and encourage staff commitment and innovation, including actively participating in performance and development programs.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading others)
- Leads strategically
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Sarah Cass, Principal Procurement Officer on phone 07 3145 2997 or email email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.