Support Officer - Rostering Coordination
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Full time
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
One QFES. Many Services, Many Capabilities, Many Partners
AO3Salary: $68,414.00 - $75,915.00per annum
Strategy & Corporate Services
Region/Directorate:Agency Implementation Program
Closing Date:Midnight, Wednesday, 29 March 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
The Rostering Coordination unit provides the capability and state coordination to support the Fire and Rescue rostering network, providing consistent coordination, collaboration and governance of the holistic rostering system. The team works with key stakeholders to continuously improve the design, development and implementation of best practice approaches, frameworks and guidelines for FRS Station rostering and ensures compliance with industrial instruments, legislative requirements and alignment to departments rostering framework requirements.
Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for providing efficient and effective administrative support to meet the functions of the business unit. You will assist in the review and implementation, and coordination of procedures, work instructions, governance arrangements and training material for the statewide FRS rostering system, ensuring quality, assurance and compliance with departmental requirements i.e. the departments’ writing style guide. You will also contribute to team activities and provide secretariat functions, as required, for the successful delivery of rostering coordination activities to meet unit objectives.
Highly desirable requirements
- Knowledge or experience in the use of finance and human resource systems (i.e. SAP / Aurion), document and/or database management systems.
- Experience and knowledge in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to: Teams, Sharepoint, outlook, excel, Power Bi, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Provide high level administrative support, including assisting in the preparation and review of correspondence, reports and other materials in accordance with the departmental requirements.
- Undertake general office duties, correspondence distribution, filing, diary control, travel arrangements and functions, maintenance of office equipment and asset records to ensure the effective management of the unit.
- Assist in the recording of training activities, and coordination of training material for the holistic rostering system to ensure effective maintenance of records, training resources and access to information.
- Assist in the coordination, and maintenance of training delivery schedules, including devopment and improvement to training packages to support quality assurance and best practice rostering processes.
- Coordinate administrative tasks for the processing of work unit records, finance administration activities, ensuring compliance with departmental policy and procedures.
- Provide secretariat support to meetings and/or committees by preparing agendas, recording and circulation of minutes and follow up on actions and outcomes.
- Liaise and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to support key processes, procedures and delivery of services.
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment by sharing information, supporting and assisting colleagues in a proactive manner.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Leads change in complex environments
- Makes insightful decision
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Pursues continuous growth
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Abby Blair, A/Principal Advisor on phone 3635 3335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.