Manager [Clinical Services] - FESSN
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Full time
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
One QFES. Many Services, Many Capabilities, Many Partners
PO5Salary: $118,198.00 - $126,567.00per annum
Strategy & Corporate Services
Fire & Emergency Services Support Networ
Closing Date:Midnight, Thursday, 30 March 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service (SES), and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
Psychological and Support Services (PaSS) facilitates a holistic approach to the management of the psychological, emotional and spiritual health and wellbeing of QFES members. As part of the Psychological and Support Services, the Fire and Emergency Support Services Network (FESSN) team works collaboratively with other statewide stakeholders to deliver specialised prevention and intervention services to enable a well-being focused culture and delivering positive mental health outcomes to all staff and volunteers.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Psychological and Support Services, you will be a key leader in the design and execution of clinical mental health services to the QFES population and their families. You will be responsible for ensuring appropriate governance, capability, policies and procedures to not only ensure the department meets its obligations to the mental health of its people but works to achieve their optimal mental health outcomes through these events.
- Registered psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency; or
- Mental Health accredited member of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
Highly desirable requirements
- Qualifications in a relevant field of post-graduate study (e.g. Organisational Psychology) would be highly regarded.
- Experience working with disaster response organisations (i.e. First Responder).
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly acquire and apply knowledge of Queensland Mental Health Service delivery, legislation, policies, plans and strategies related to mental health and wellbeing.
- Experience leading a mental health service delivery team and / or program within a large and complex government sector organisation.
- Experience in the development and delivery of evidence-based interventions to manage proactive mental health initiatives and in the mitigation of psychosocial risk.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Lead and manage delivery of best practice clinical support and organisational development services for QFES staff, volunteers and family members through external counselling network.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a network of external counsellors including recruitment, support, quality assurance and contractual arrangements.
- Provide reciprocal support to all PaSS services in the delivery of team outcomes; this can include but is not limited to triaging people maters, delivery of short-term solution focused counselling, and delivery of training.
- Provide high level strategic advice and guidance to senior management regarding clinical risks and strategies, programs and activities.
- Research and prepare complex submissions, briefs, reports and correspondence relating to clinical and organisational development services and practices across the department and industry.
- Establish and maintain collaborative networks and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to promote positive outcomes for QFES.
- Represent the department on committees, working groups and whole-of-government forums to build awareness and ensure a consistent approach relating to wellbeing.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Program Leader (leading teams and/or projects)
- Leads strategically
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Bernie Scully, Exec Mgr. on phone 07 3635 3474 or email email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
You can also visit the FESSN website for more information about our Psychological and Support Services.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.