Senior Workforce Analyst - Workforce Analytics
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Full time
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
One QFES. Many Services, Many Capabilities, Many Partners
AO6Salary: $105,977.00 - $113,167.00per annum
Strategy & Corporate Services
Closing Date:Midnight, Thursday, 1 June 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
Workforce Strategy and Analytics delivers workforce strategy, planning, and analytic services that contribute to QFES achieving a highly capable, contemporary, and connected workforce. The Workforce Analytics team has a primary function to deliver staff and establishment reporting and data to meet departmental and external requirements. A secondary emerging function will be building the capability to transform this data into descriptive, predictive, and interactive analytics that offer workforce insights to support QFES executive decision-making and strategic workforce planning.
Reporting to the Principal Workforce Analyst, you will be a key member of the team responsible for providing advice on strategic workforce initiatives, such as organisational restructures to ensure the integrity of staff and establishment data and subsequent quality of workforce information provided to key stakeholders meets compliance with whole-of-government reporting requirements. You will also liaise and work with key stakeholders to increase data awareness, establish data requirements, and work towards the continuous review and improvement of workforce data and reporting services of the team to support optimal business planning and operations to deliver the department’s purpose and objectives.
Highly desirable requirements
- Experience in data extraction, manipulation, and analysis for the presentation of workforce information (i.e. staff, payroll, and establishment data) in a large complex organisation.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Queensland government workforce reporting requirements.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Human Resources (HR) data warehouses, SQL databases and data integration across multiple platforms, (i.e. Power BI with SQL Server, MS Excel, and other business intelligence tools) for the delivery of reporting products and dashboards.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Perform data extraction and manipulation of workforce data and prepare quality workforce information and reports in line with departmental and external reporting requirements.
- Analyse workforce data for a wide variety of stakeholders and provide advice and insights, on key issues and trends to support the development of key people strategies to build workforce capacity and capability.
- Design, build, and implement workforce analytics solutions using business intelligence applications that transform datasets into insights, trends, and visualisations to support QFES executive decision-making and strategic workforce planning.
- Provide support to key stakeholders in the development of workforce information needs, identifying the relevant data sources and building queries to ensure positive outcomes are achieved.
- Consult and maintain effective working relationships with departmental and external stakeholders to ensure effective information sharing and the delivery of quality data, reporting and other services.
- Perform regular audits and cleansing of staff and establishment data, and data warehouse data to ensure data integrity, accuracy, and compliance with statutory reporting requirements.
- Research, develop, and review workforce metrics that best drive descriptive, predictive, and interactive analytics that offer insights to support strategic workforce planning and initiatives.
- Provide guidance, support, and mentor team members in building, reviewing and improving systems and processes that contribute to optimal business and service delivery outcomes.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Team Leader (leading self)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Pursues continuous growth
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Janet Richardson, Executive Manager Workforce Strategy and Analytics on phone 07 3635 3728 or email Janet.Richardson@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.