Property and Leasing Officer - Property Services
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Contract/temp
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
One QFES. Many Services, Many Capabilities, Many Partners
Temporary Flexible Full-time
Tenure Period:6 months
Possibility of Extension:Yes
$3,079.90 - $3,377.20 per fortnight
Strategy & Corporate Services
Midnight, Monday, 5 June
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
Property Services leads the QFES property management functions, and is responsible for the governance, acquisition, lease management and accommodation planning, asset disposals and development approvals. The team works closely with the private sector and other government agencies, including the Department of Energy and Public Works to strategically manage the diverse building, construction, maintenence and leasing activities across all QFES property assets and provide strategic advice to ensure accommodation requirements are in line with whole-of-government legislation and achieve value for money in workplace design and construction.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, you will be responsible for providing property and leasing services and contributing to property transactions, lease and land management, and other related matters to achieve successful implementation of annual and on-going programs of work. You will be required to provide advice and coordinate the management of existing and new leasing arrangements in line with relevant legislation on behalf of the QFES.
Highly desirable requirements
- Experience in property management and leasing transactions.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Establish new and renew existing leasing arrangements, in line with relevant legislation to meet identified needs and requirements of clients and key stakeholders.
- Undertake property related due diligence for land acquisitions and provide advice to assist with leasing procedures and processes to meet government requirements, relevant legislation and policy.
- Liaise and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders to ensure property and leasing services are responsive to current and future needs.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, briefings, general correspondence and update registers relevant to leasing and property matters in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Ensure work practices, technical advice, acquisition, disposal and facilities adheres to government requirements and relevant guidelines, policies, statutory instruments and legislation.
- Participate in whole of government meetings and focus groups to ensure services, solutions and governance is maintained and positive outcomes are achieved to meet departmental objectives.
- Work effectively in a professional working environment, fostering team work and encourage staff commitment and innovation, including actively participating in performance and development programs.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Matthew Savage, A/Executive Manager, Property Services on phone 0499 865 545 or email MATTHEW.SAVAGE@QFES.QLD.GOV.AU.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.