Business Support Officer - SFEST Director's Officer
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Location: Port of Brisbane
Job Type: Contract/temp
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
One QFES. Many Services, Many Capabilities, Many Partners
Temporary Flexible Full-time
Tenure Period:6 months
Possibility of Extension:Yes
$2,622.30 - $2,909.80 per fortnight
Strategy & Corporate Services
School of Fire & Emergency Services Training
Midnight 30 May 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
QFES corporate and business services leads the department’s strategic framework and vision, driving performance and providing the tools and systems for frontline service delivery, staff and volunteers and works closely with other public safety agencies to ensure the planning and policy enhances the capability of its people, services, technologies and equipment to ensure they are contemporary, agile and able to meet the service delivery needs of Queensland communities.
The Business Support Officer, will be a key member of the team providing efficient, effective and confidential administrative support to meet the functions of the business unit. You will support staff, set priorities and monitor workflows to undertake work across a broad range of service delivery activities. You will assist staff through the provision and coordination of human resource and finance administration, information management, documentation control, diary management and/or secretariat duties, as required, including monitoring for compliance for the successful delivery of activities to meet work area objectives.
Highly desirable requirements
- Government purchasing (Level 1).
- Knowledge or experience in the use of human resource, finance systems (i.e. SAP / Aurion) and document management systems and reporting.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Provide high level administrative support, including assisting in the preparation, review and coordination of correspondence, reports, minutes and other materials, in accordance with the departmental requirements and style guides.
- Assist with the administrative tasks for the processing of work unit records, human resource and finance administration activities, ensuring compliance with department policy and procedures.
- Utilise departmental systems/databases to create, update, review and report on business activities, resolve issues or provide recommendation for improvement to ensure effective maintenance of records and access to information.
- Coordinate and organise meetings, training courses, workshops, travel and accommodation itineraries, including catering, and ensure accurate information is provided to assist with planning and scheduling.
- Liaise and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including members of the public to support key processes, procedures and delivery of unit outcomes.
- Undertake general office duties, mail distribution, filing, diary control and maintenance of office equipment and asset records to ensure the effective management of the office.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, training and advice of administrative processes, procedures and use of systems to ensure compliance and the provision of quality support services to the work area.
- Contribute to a cohesive team environment by sharing information, supporting and assisting colleagues in a proactive manner.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES core values:
Want more information?
Please contact Peta Miller-Rose, Executive Manager on phone 0457 824 126 or email Peta.Miller-Rose@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.