Leasing Officer - Property Services
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Full time
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
One QFES. Many Services, Many Capabilities, Many Partners
AO5Salary: $92,659.00 - $100,499.00per annum
Strategy & Corporate Services
Building & Property Management
Closing Date:Midnight, Tuesday, 13 June 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
Property Services leads the departments property acquisitions, disposals, lease management, accommodation planning, and development approvals functions, including ministerial designations. The team works closely with the private sector and other government agencies, including the Department of Energy and Public Works to strategically manage the diverse building, construction, maintenance, and leasing activities across all QFES property and billboard assets, and provides strategic advice to ensure accommodation, design and marketing requirements are in line with whole-of-government legislation and achieve value for money in workplace design and construction.
Reporting to the Senior Leasing Officer, you will contribute to the delivery of property and leasing services in the development and review of leasing arrangements where QFES can be the lessee or lessor, including accommodation gap analysis and investigations; resolution of leasing disputes and make good scenarios; investigations and resolution of lease tenure matters, and due diligence activities to support Property Services in the successful delivery of ongoing and special purpose programs of work to meet organisational accommodation and requirements.
Highly desirable requirements
- Minimum two years’ experience in property management and negotiation, leasing transactions and/or organisational accommodation management.
- SAP training and/or experience using financial or procurement management systems
- Minimum C Class Driver’s Licence (non-restricted).
- The incumbent may be required to travel and work within their area of responsibility and may also be required to undertake intrastate, interstate deployment or travel as required.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Assist in the establishment of new, and renew existing leasing arrangements, in line with relevant legislation and whole-of-government policies and procedures to meet identified needs and requirements of stakeholders.
- Conduct sensitive negotiations with respect to accommodation needs, land lease and property lease management matters with a focus on ensuring risk management, compliance and best value for the public dollar align with the government leasing framework.
- Perform property related due diligence activities for leasing arrangements and for land lease conversions to permanent tenure to meet relevant legislation and organisational requirements.
- Contribute to property management discussions and development of policies and procedures to achieve effective, equitable and efficient land utilisation and property management strategies.
- Prepare well researched and accurate recommendations, briefings, reports and correspondence relating to leasing matters, in accordance with departmental requirements and governance.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure leasing services are responsive to current and future needs.
- Participate in whole-of-government and external forums, and focus groups to ensure services, solutions and governance is maintained and positive outcomes are achieved to meet departmental objectives.
- Work effectively in a professional working environment, fostering teamwork and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives to support best practice frameworks and achieve positive outcomes.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Leads change in complex environments
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Lindie Taylor, Director, Building and Property Management on phone 0448714632 or email Lindie.Taylor@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.