Principal Advisor Information Security - Information Management
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Full time
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
One QFES. Many Services, Many Capabilities, Many Partners
AO7Salary: $118,198.00 - $126,567.00per annum
Strategy & Corporate Services
Closing Date:Midnight, Wednesday, 7 June 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of role
The Information Management unit is responsible for ensuring that the department’s information and data resources are managed as a strategic asset; are trusted and accurate; support service delivery; are managed securely; meet compliance requirements; support decision marking; provide predictive insights; and help measure our performance as a department, whilst ensuring that our workforce is empowered to deliver efficient, innovative and sustainable fire and emergency services to our community.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, you will be a key member of the team responsible for supporting the effective delivery of information security related services that underpins effective and informed organisational planning activities. You will oversee the ongoing management and development of information security policies, standards, plans, Information Security Management System (ISMS), education and awareness, and strategic information security advice ensuring that it is able to support the information security requirements of the department.
Highly desirable requirements
- Knowledge and experience developing and implementing information security management frameworks, strategies policies and standards.
- Knowledge and/or experience or qualifications in ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer/ Implementing an ISMS.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Develop, communicate and maintain enterprise-level information security plans, strategies, policies, standards and guidelines consistent with the department’s ISMS goals and objectives.
- Provide strategic advice and analysis on contemporary information security and technology issues and their potential impact upon the department achieving its goals.
- Develop and communicate contemporary information security material to promote awareness and advice on security concepts to ensure information and data resources are managed and meet compliance.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships by communicating and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders to promote sound information security practices throughout the organisation.
- Research and prepare reports, submissions, briefing notes and correspondence on a range of complex information security issues and initiatives, in accordance with departmental requirements and governance.
- Represent the department on various working groups, networks and forums to present and/or oversee the implementation of initiatives and business improvement strategies, and ensure positive outcomes.
- Participate as an active team member in the development of operational plans, information and communication technology strategies and information architectures consistent with departmental enterprise architecture.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Leads change in complex environments
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Patrick Dallmann, Executive Manager on phone 07 3635 2550 or email Patrick.email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.