Senior Program Officer - Risk and Business Continuity Management
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Full time
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
One QFES. Many Services, Many Capabilities, Many Partners
AO6Salary: $105,977.00 - $113,167.00per annum
Stategy and Corporate Services
Risk & Business Continuity Management
Closing Date:Midnight, Wednesday, 7 June 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
The Risk and Business Continuity Management unit is responsible for supporting all areas of QFES in delivering effective risk management through relevant processes to identify, analyse and respond to risk and ensure threats are mitigated against opportunities to enhance continued delivery of services to the community and achieve QFES strategic objectives.
Reporting to the Principal Program Officer, you will be a key member of the team contributing to risk, business continuity and compliance throughout the state, ensuring they meet whole-of-government initiatives and QFES strategic objectives. You will assist in the delivery of training and provide support and guidance to key stakeholders to help improve the understanding and capability of risk management and embedding risk management processes and systems within the organisation.
Highly desirable requirements
- Knowledge and/or experience in risk management or related discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant international and Australian standards and risk management frameworks.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Contribute to the design, implementation and maintenance of risk and business continuity management and compliance strategies, frameworks, standards and procedures to meet organisational requirements.
- Assist with conducting risk assessments and testing controls to identify, analyse and evaluate operational risk and correlation with enterprise risk for all existing and new services.
- Provide guidance and advice on risk and business continuity management and compliance related issues to support planning for risk identification, evaluation, treatment, reporting and escalation.
- Assist in the delivery of training in areas of risk for business continuity and compliance to build organisational capability.
- Undertake research and advise on opportunities to improve risk registers, framework and tools to ensure integration of risk management in the strategic and business planning processes.
- Build, consult and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to effectively embed risk frameworks, processes and systems within the organisation.
- Assist in the preparation and review reports, briefing notes, submissions and correspondence in relation to business continuity and risk management issues, in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Contribute to developing and implementing strategies to improve and promote risk management maturity and culture.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Leads change in complex environments
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Marissa Gutierrez, A/Executive Manager, Planning, Risk, Research and Innovation on phone 07 3635 2442 or email Marissa.Gutierrez@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.