Manager - Rostering Coordination
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Full time
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
One QFES. Many Services, Many Capabilities, Many Partners
AO7Salary: $118,198.00 - $126,567.00per annum
Fire and Rescue Service
Rostering Coordination Unit
Closing Date:Midnight, Wednesday, 7 June 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
The Rostering Coordination unit provides the capability and state coordination to support the Fire and Rescue rostering network, providing consistent coordination, collaboration and governance of the holistic rostering system. The team works with key stakeholders to continuously improve the design, development and implementation of best practice approaches, frameworks and guidelines for FRS Station rostering and ensures compliance with industrial instruments, legislative requirements and alignment to departments rostering framework requirements.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, you will be responsible for the governance, assurance, continuous improvement and reporting function for the management and coordination of the FRS rostering system, frameworks and processes to provide continuity of service delivery for QFES’ human resource management and fire and rescue operational capability and capacity. You will provide high-level advice to senior management to support optimal capacity planning to deliver the departments purpose and objectives.
Highly desirable requirements
- Knowledge, experience and/or qualification in contemporary HR management and best practices.
- Knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge and apply industrial conditions and arrangements, including rostering management.
- Knowledge and/or experience using SAP SuccessFactors and Aurion human resource management systems.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Lead and manage the design, development and implementation of best practice approaches, frameworks and guidelines for the operational rostering system and workforce capability.
- Lead and manage the statewide roster officer network, and facilitate the delivery of training for both the rostering and operational management systems to support continuous improvement initiatives and service delivery.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients and operational staff on the interpretation on awards, entitlements, legislation, policy and procedures to ensure best practice rostering processes are implemented.
- Lead the audit and quality assurance of the rostering system to ensure operational performance data and reporting systems and processes improve workforce information management and capability.
- Identify, analyse and resolve complex issues and make recommendation for ongoing improvement strategies to meet organisational objectives.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to contribute to ongoing improvement initiatives and ensure the rostering systems is effective.
- Prepare high-level departmental reports, submissions, and other correspondence on a range of complex and confidential issues relating to rostering, in accordance with departmental requirements and governance.
- Manage the function and team, fostering positive teamwork, and utilisation of human, financial and other resources and assist in the ongoing development of staff through performance, planning, and review.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Team Leader (leading others)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Leads change in complex environments
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Louise Snowdon, Executive Manager, Organisation Development, Design and Implementation on phone 0427 075 099 or email Louise.Snowdon@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.