Executive Support Officer (AO4) - South Eastern Region
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Contract/temp
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Temporary Flexible Full-time
Tenure Period:Up to 1 September 2024
Possibility of Extension:Yes
$3,079.90 - $3,377.20 per fortnight
Readiness & Response Services
Midnight Wednesday 27 September 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
QFES has seven regional offices across Queensland. The regional Executive Support Officer provides high level confidential executive and administrative support to the regional Assistant Commissioner, for the coordination and delivery of QFES integrated services across their region.
Highly desirable requirements
- Experience with provision of administrative support in senior executive environment and experience within regional location/s
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Provide a high standard of confidential executive, administrative and business support including screening of phone calls; managing appointment diary; organising meetings, workshops, conferences, travel and other events; preparing briefing documentation, coordinating quality assurance of correspondence, reports, presentations, speeches, agendas, minutes and preparation of drafts.
- Monitor, prioritise, register, action and disseminate incoming correspondence to effectively manage critical information and workflows.
- Communicate and liaise with staff, clients and stakeholders on a wide range of issues affecting the Region in a professional and positive manner.
- Coordinate the administrative operations of the Regional office to ensure that practices and activities are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide secretariat support as required to meetings and committees by preparing agendas, recording and circulation of minutes and follow up on actions and outcomes.
- Provide procedural advice and direction to executive support staff across the Region and undertake reviews and implement changes to administrative systems (including filing, recording and reporting systems) to improve processes and outcomes.
- Ensure office equipment, resources and supplies are efficiently and effectively maintained.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Leads strategically
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Leads change in complex environments
- Makes insightful decisions
- Develops and mobilises talent
- Builds enduring relationships
- Inspires others
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Pursues continuous growth
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Lucretia Angus, Executive Officer on phone 0419 728 398 or email email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
You can also visit the FESSN website for more information about our Psychological and Support Services.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.