Senior Business Analyst - Business Systems
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Contract/temp
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Temporary Flexible Full-time
Tenure Period:Until 30/06/2024
Possibility of Extension:Yes
$4,062.10 - $4,337.70 per fortnight
Strategy & Corporate Services
Midnight, Sunday, 1 October 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
For further information regarding the Role Description or to apply please click on the APPLY ONLINE button below.
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of role
Business Systems contributes to the development and management of technological solutions and initiatives that help solve Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and business problems and governance for ICT projects, programs and strategies. The team provides system management and oversight of the various systems used to support the QFES frontline service delivery. The team contributes to the formulation of strategy and policy solutions for ICT delivery, and works closely with stakeholders and partners to ensure the provision of fit for purpose solutions. These systems include OMS, CSOS, VIMS, MuleSoft Integration, Unwanted Alarm Management Systems and eIAP.
Reporting to the Manager [Systems] you will be responsible for analysing the business systems and information technology needs, ensuring processes and procedures are maintained. You will work with key stakeholders to review, manage and identify issues, risks and changes to system requirements and prepare documentation for submission, ensuring solutions are consolidated and consistent across the business areas to support operational and organisational capability.
Highly desirable requirements
- Knowledge and/or experience in Software Development Life Cycle.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Perform high-level business analysis by developing an understanding of the business needs to ensure technical deliverables meet user acceptance criteria, useability and fit for purpose solutions.
- Undertake investigative work to determine and document business processes, ICT requirements and recommend improvements to business processes and information systems.
- Develop functional requirements that will cover system functionality, usability, access and security, performance and availability, interfaces, and data conversion requirements for all business functions.
- Develop business processes utilising appropriate modelling techniques to design end to end service mappings to ensure procedures are documented following processes and methodologies that align with industry best practice and departmental standards.
- Contribute to the specification and design of system reports and reporting processes applicable to the client or stakeholder requirements utilising standard departmental reporting tools.
- Build effective relationships and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to provide guidance in the conduct of user acceptance testing and system trials to ensure deliverables meet required outcomes.
- Conduct quality reviews of project and production support deliverables to ensure their successful implementation and operation within QFES.
- Contribute to the review of system design and other development deliverables against requirements and participate in applicable quality assurance activities.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Leads change in complex environments
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values of:
Want more information?
Please contact Sasan Bazrgar Dovom, A/Manager (Systems) on phone 0421125346 or email Sasan.Bazrgardovom@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.