Category Manager - Operational Equipment
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Full time
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
AO7Salary: $118,198.00 - $126,567.00per annum
Strategy & Corporate Services
Uniforms & Logistics
Closing Date:Midnight, Tuesday, 3 October 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
Uniforms and Logistics is responsible for the provision of uniforms, personal protective equipment (PPE) and operational equipment to all services and streams of the department, including monitoring and improving distribution systems, processes and uniform standards to support the service delivery capability. The team works collaboratively with staff and volunteers to deliver a consolidated, efficient and effective approach to equip staff and volunteers with safe and approved operational equipment through cost-effective sourcing arrangements in accordance with Queensland Procurement Policy, Contract Management Framework, Financial Management Practice Manual and departmental policies and procedures.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, you will lead and manage the functions of the team within the appropriate financial and human resources delegations. You will manage and coordinate the development, review and implementation of the Operational Equipment program, with a focus on identification and realisation of savings and operational benefits, and provide strategic advice and forward planning to ensure all ongoing strategies align with the department’s strategic objectives.
Highly desirable requirements
- Queensland Government Procurement (Level 2 certification).
- Sound understanding of benefits realisation and project management concepts.
- Sound knowledge of supply chain management techniques and contract management principles.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Lead and manage the team to achieve high-level performance, integration and consistency across the category whilst maintaining a culture promoting customer focus and continuous improvement within the program.
- Ensure compliance with government procurement, contract and financial management best practices and departmental policies and procedures whilst strengthening governance and risk management.
- Develop, implement and maintain category plans, based on research and analysis, that drives value for money, encourage opportunity for innovation and meet service delivery requirements.
- Manage sourcing initiatives including contracts, negotiations and performance reviews of suppliers, whilst ensuring governance processes are in line with contract terms and conditions.
- Provide professional and technical advice to stakeholders and senior management on all aspects within the operational equipment category to ensure effective decision-making and/or provide recommendation for continuous improvement.
- Adopt project management methodologies to drive and measure outcomes, and identify opportunities for improvement in processes to support service delivery and meet organisational objectives
- Prepare high level complex briefing documents, submissions, reports and correspondence on related issues and initiatives in accordance with departmental requirements and governance.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and suppliers to ensure agreed outcomes and services are responsive to current and future needs.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Team Leader (leading others)
- Leads change in complex environments
- Makes insightful decisions
- Develops and mobilises talent
- Builds enduring relationships
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Louise Cutugno, Business Support Officer on phone 07 3635 3727 or email email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.