Location: Various Locations
Job Type: Contract/temp
Kick start your career with us! Discover what you can do with your degree and explore the challenges and variety a career in water can offer you! Applications are now open for our graduate opportunities in 2024 here at Urban Utilities!
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN FOR URBANGRAD 2024
It’s never been a more exciting time to kickstart a career in water and we’re thrilled to open applications for the Urban Utilities two-year UrbanGrad graduate program commencing in early February 2024.
We’re not your average water business. We’re changing, we’re innovative and we like to challenge ourselves and push boundaries. Plus, we’re extremely passionate about building a culture where our people feel empowered to make a difference and are curious and excited about what they do.
Our Graduate Program is no exception. UrbanGrad is a challenging and rewarding two-year graduate program jam-packed with opportunities for you to utilise all the hard work and dedication you’ve put into your degree and genuinely contribute to making a REAL difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
With graduate opportunities available amongst a range of disciplines, including:
- Applied Science : Immerse yourself in the world of scientific exploration and innovation. Contribute to ground-breaking research and development initiatives that are shaping industries and pushing the boundaries of what's possible.
- Data Science: Embark on a journey into the realm of data and analytics. Unearth valuable insights that drive well-informed decisions and shape the strategies that guide our future.
- Change & Communications: Be the catalyst for guiding teams through transformative journeys. Simplify complex concepts, ensuring seamless transitions and effective communication as we navigate change.
- Legal : Step into the role of a legal expert, providing essential guidance and support on legal matters. Uphold our commitment to compliance and solidity in contracts, safeguarding our operations.
- Business : Apply your keen business sense to shape strategies and propel growth. Your contributions will play a vital role in helping us ascend to new heights of success.
- Human Resources / Organisational Psychology : Cultivate a workplace of positivity and harness team potential. Elevate our organizational culture, empowering our people and bolstering our support system.
We’re looking for:
- Influencers and innovators who display tenacity and are willing to challenge the status quo!
- Self-starters who bring their enthusiasm and open mind to learn and grow and have a strong customer and community connection and passion for making things better
- Adaptable collaborators, willing to deal with change, challenge and ambiguity
- Digitally savvy and skilled problem solvers with solid analytical skills
The opportunity unlocks a world of possibilities by offering exhilarating rotations across Urban Utilities' diverse business groups. With the freedom to carve your own path, ignite your career, and immerse yourself in extraordinary experiences, you'll be part of something truly monumental every single day. Prepare to embrace a journey that empowers you to reach new heights, make meaningful connections, and shape a future that leaves an indelible mark.
- You must be a recent graduate having completed your degree in the last 24 months
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident
Why join Urban Utilities?
At Urban Utilities, the work we do is about so much more than the bottom line. We're a leading provider of world-class drinking water and wastewater services to the vibrant communities of Brisbane, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Somerset, and Scenic Rim. As we continue to grow, we're committed to planning ahead and shaping a sustainable future around water for generations to come.
At the core of our work lies genuine care: for our team, our customers, communities, and the environment. From the flush of a toilet to major infrastructure projects and residential developments, we're dedicated to being there every step of the way.
Our HQ is in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, but you'll find us all over SEQ - working in cool places like the SAS Laboratory in Darra, field-based depots in Eagle Farm, Acacia Ridge, Bundamba, and wastewater treatment plants dotted across the region.
We know the chance to thrive, and progress comes hand in hand with the support to balance work with life. So, you’ll access an increasingly diverse range of benefits and initiatives that’ll help you bring the best you. Speaking of which, here’s just a sample of the benefits we offer our team:
- On the job mentoring, development and support from experienced professionals who will help you become the best you can be, expanding your networks and involving you in exciting future shaping projects
- Generous Salary Packaging options, including novated leases
- Corporate discounts across Health insurance, technology and more
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave & 15 days personal leave
- Flexibility at UU depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
- Urban Utilities is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK180
Visit our website to learn more about us at www.urbanutilities.com.au
There’s no life without water, there’s no us without U! A career in the water industry can take you around the world, after all – it’s a precious resource every single person needs and uses.
So if you'd like to play a part in enriching the quality of lives of our regions and communities now and into the future, submit your application to join the UrbanGrad 2024 graduate program.
How to Apply:
Click on the ‘Apply” link below to complete your application.
For further information please contact our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org