Job Type: Full time
There’s No Us Without U. Care with Us, for Today and Tomorrow
There's no life without water, and at Urban Utilities, we live and breathe that knowledge every single day. That’s why we are driven by the pursuit of scientific discovery and innovation. Our dedicated labs to push the boundaries of knowledge and advance the frontiers of science. It’s why our people are so passionate about what they do and how they do it. And it's why we need people like YOU. Come and shape our future with us and make a real and lasting impact across our teams.
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Chemist. You has a direct impact into the ongoing success of our SAS Lab and Urban Utilities, and is the ideal role for someone who is passionate about chemistry and enjoys method development and workflow improvement.
Our SAS Laboratory provides analytical services to not only Urban Utilities but also to multiple customer groups, such as local councils, industrial/manufacturing organisations and supports ongoing research by providing market knowledge and knowing the best methods for each individual need.
Some of your accountabilities will include:
- After your initial training in our methodologies, you will become a NATA signatory in which previous experience is highly regarded;
- Have sound experience with LIMS or a similar lab data management system;
- Work autonomously with the full support of a manager who, like you, loves the science and the data; and
- Able to dissect workflows and work to your strengths to create highly functional laboratory work patterns and methodologies.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about shaping our future, helping people through transformational change and holds the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- University degree/Graduate Certificate/Honours in science – Chemistry or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of environmental chemistry analysis.
- Can expertly guide the decisions of the business and provide technical advice to the rest of the team in regard to environmental chemistry and laboratory best practices.
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally with an understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Wide array of chemistry testing experience including method verification and interpreting test data to verify that specifications are met and/or to identify remedial actions required to ensure conformance or suitability.
At UU, we celebrate diversity. We genuinely believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expressions is key and crucial to our success as a business. You might find you meet some, but not all, of the job requirements for this role. We’d still encourage you to apply as we we’re looking for the right human being for this role - it’s about so much more than ticking all the boxes!
Why Urban Utilities?
At Urban Utilities, the work we do is about so much more than the bottom line. We're a leading provider of world-class drinking water and wastewater services to the vibrant communities of Brisbane, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Somerset, and Scenic Rim. As we continue to grow, we're committed to planning ahead and shaping a sustainable future around water for generations to come.
At the core of our work lies genuine care: for our team, our customers, communities, and the environment. From the flush of a toilet to major infrastructure projects and residential developments, we're dedicated to being there every step of the way.
Our HQ is in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, but you'll find us all over SEQ - working in cool places like the SAS Laboratory in Darra, field-based depots in Eagle Farm, Acacia Ridge, Bundamba, and wastewater treatment plants dotted across the region.
We know the chance to thrive, and progress comes hand in hand with the support to balance work with life. So, you’ll access an increasingly diverse range of benefits and initiatives that’ll help you bring the best you. Speaking of which, here’s just a sample of the benefits we offer our team:
- Generous Salary Packaging options, including novated leases
- Corporate discounts across Health insurance, technology and more
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave & 15 days personal leave including two proactive wellbeing days, and an additional day of leave each year to connect with family and friends
- Flexibility at UU depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
- Urban Utilities is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK180
Visit our website to learn more about us at www.urbanutilities.com.au
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply” link below to complete your application.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a Pre-employment medical & National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
For further information please contact our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org