Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
There’s No Us Without U. Care with Us, for Today and Tomorrow
There's no life without water, and at Urban Utilities, we live and breathe that knowledge every single day. It's why our people are so passionate about what they do and how they do it. And it's why we need people like YOU. Come shape our future with us and make a real and lasting impact across our teams.
We have a wonderful new opportunity for a Contracts Specialist in our growing Integrated Solutions Group .
The Integrated Solutions Group contributes to Urban Utilities’ purpose and vision and enhances the liveability of our communities through safeguarding financial and economic sustainability of the business, planning to meet the needs of our customers and management of the long-term water cycle and our environmental responsibilities.
The Contracts Specialist develops a detailed understanding of their contracts, provides expert advice and support and identifies and rapidly resolves non-conformances to ensure all contractual obligations and expectations are achieved, relationships are maintained and enhanced, and work practices are efficient, aligned with peers and increasingly digitally enabled.
Some of your accountabilities will include:
- Setup appropriate cost tracking structures to monitor contract, project and work order level; control expenditure in line with contract and project approval limits.
- Develop a detailed understanding of each managed contract, variations and agreed interpretations/implementation
- Provide expert advice on contract management to program managers and senior stakeholders. Support and advise each contract’s joint (QUU and contractor) governance forums.
- Prepare and issue authorised services/works under managed contracts, including preparation of supporting documentation and system registration; confirm appropriate financial delegation has been exercised within project/division budget.
- Contribute to the management of partnering relationships with Integrated Solutions leadership, portfolio managers, program managers and other internal clients.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about shaping our future, helping people through transformational change and holds the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Tertiary qualifications in administration and financial management, construction management, engineering, accounting or quality surveying or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing multiple major infrastructure design and delivery contracts.
- Experience in performance analysis, assessing contractual KPIs and assessing claims, including transmittal of claims information.
- Understanding of asset-based work breakdown structures and their application to project planning, forecasting and cost control.
At UU, we celebrate diversity. We genuinely believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expressions is key and crucial to our success as a business. You might find you meet some, but not all, of the job requirements for this role. We’d still encourage you to apply as we we’re looking for the right human being for this role - it’s about so much more than ticking all the boxes!
Why Urban Utilities?
At Urban Utilities, the work we do is about so much more than the bottom line. We're a leading provider of world-class drinking water and wastewater services to the vibrant communities of Brisbane, Ipswich, Lockyer Valley, Somerset, and Scenic Rim. As we continue to grow, we're committed to planning ahead and shaping a sustainable future around water for generations to come.
At the core of our work lies genuine care: for our team, our customers, communities, and the environment. From the flush of a toilet to major infrastructure projects and residential developments, we're dedicated to being there every step of the way.
Our HQ is in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, but you'll find us all over SEQ - working in cool places like the SAS Laboratory in Darra, field-based depots in Eagle Farm, Acacia Ridge, Bundamba, and wastewater treatment plants dotted across the region.
We know the chance to thrive, and progress comes hand in hand with the support to balance work with life. So, you’ll access an increasingly diverse range of benefits and initiatives that’ll help you bring the best you. Speaking of which, here’s just a sample of the benefits we offer our team:
- Generous Salary Packaging options, including novated leases
- Corporate discounts across Health insurance, technology and more
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave & 15 days personal leave including two proactive wellbeing days, and an additional day of leave each year to connect with family and friends
- Flexibility at UU depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
- Urban Utilities is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK180
Visit our website to learn more about us at www.urbanutilities.com.au
How to apply
Click on the ‘Apply” link below to complete your application.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a Pre-employment medical & National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
For further information please contact our Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org