Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Job Type: Full time
Your next opportunity
As a CAE Engineer, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Perform linear/nonlinear, static and dynamic structural FEA on vehicle subsystems and components;
- Perform component and subsystem FE structural optimisation;
- Correlate models to measured test data;
- Provide design feedback to external and internal customers to meet design objectives;
- Generate clear, concise reports detailing structural performance and conformance to requirements;
- Review and critique FE analysis from subcontractors;
- Provide analytical support for testing (sensor specification/placement etc.);
- Develop test & correlation procedures for components and subsystems;
- Guide and assist the V&V Engineers with conduct of verification tests to assist correlation;
- Assist in developing and executing test procedures;
- Develop finite element analysis best practice procedures;
- Develop analysis processes; and
- Further develop RDA analysis capabilities via R&D activities.
About your new team
The CAE Engineers are responsible for conducting structural analysis supporting RDA's development and evaluation programs. The position requires experience in using finite element modelling techniques to guide and verify designs, knowledge of and engagement in physical test operations, correlation to test, and final reporting. You will also be responsible to liaise and work collaboratively with all engineering and program management functions including subcontractors.
Find Your Why at Rheinmetall
Our values of Safety, Partnership, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT) supports our team members to create a workplace environment where our employees value each other, live up to their promises, communicate openly and work safely every day.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical, Automotive or Aerospace Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in structural Finite Element Analysis;
- Experience in structural testing, fatigue analysis, explicit structural analysis, structural optimisation and multiple FEA codes (desirable);
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance (must hold Australian Citizenship); and
- Ability to travel interstate and internationally if required.
What we offer you
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases
- On-site subsidised café with themed days multiple options
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight
- Flexible working practices
- Generous internal incentive and referral program
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing
- We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
Our inclusive culture
Rheinmetall fosters a culture of equality, fairness, diversity and inclusion for all our employees and provides a safe and secure work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and supported to bring their unique self to work every day.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/rheinmetall/benefits [link removed]
To learn more about life at Rheinmetall, please visit: www.rheinmetall.com/career-au [link removed]
Preferred candidates will be required to complete background checks including pre-employment verifications and national police checks.
Applications close: 22 December 2022
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact RDA Talent Acquisition Team at Recruitment.Australia@rheinmetall.com.au and quote REF#AU01193.