Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Job Type: Full time
Your next opportunity
The Systems Engineer provides specialist systems engineering advice and implements the Systems Engineering Plan for Rheinmetall’s products including tactical and logistic vehicle systems and sub-systems.
As Systems Engineer you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Implement a requirements engineering program, including requirements definition, allocation, decomposition and change management over the engineering lifecycle
- System and sub-system specification and Interface Control Documents (ICD) development and management;
- System Breakdown Structure definition;
- Develop and maintain assigned Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) items, including the Systems Engineering Management Plan and System and Sub-system Specifications
- Coordinate the development of material for the delivery of Mandated System Reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, DDR)
- Support coordination of Systems Engineering activities and prioritisation between the Australian and German engineering teams
- Mature existing planning data related to Systems Engineering scope, including basis of estimates, work breakdown structure and schedule
- Support engineering oversight of subcontractors and/or suppliers work scope to ensure successful delivery
- Ensure Systems Engineering related risks and dependencies are identified and actively mitigated
About your new team
Our Systems Engineering team provides professional analytical support to our Projects to ensure we continue to deliver outstanding customer outcomes. We conduct challenging and enjoyable work on leading military platforms including BOXER and our HX Logistic products.
Find Your Why at Rheinmetall
Our values of Safety, Partnership, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT) supports our team members to create a workplace environment where our employees value each other, live up to their promises, communicate openly and work safely every day.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering;
- Demonstrated application of formal Systems Engineering to product development;
- Experience in interpreting and analysing complex functional requirements;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to resolve complex problems and issues;
- Relevant experience in a related or similar industry;
- Very good command of written and spoken English;
- Willingness to travel, including international travel; and
- You must be an Australian Citizen to apply for this position in order to obtain a Security Clearance.
What we offer you
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight
- Complimentary onsite gym with end-of trip facilities
- Flexible working practices
- Generous internal incentive and referral program
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing
- We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
- Subsidised undercover parking available
Our inclusive culture
Rheinmetall fosters a culture of equality, fairness, diversity and inclusion for all our employees and provides a safe and secure work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and supported to bring their unique self to work every day.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/rheinmetall/benefits
To learn more about life at Rheinmetall, please visit: www.rheinmetall.com/career-au
Preferred candidates will be required to complete background checks including pre-employment verifications and national police checks.
Applications close: 18th of February 2023
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact RDA Talent Acquisition Team at Recruitment.Australia@rheinmetall.com.au and quote REF#AU01055.