Supply Program Manager
Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Job Type: Full time
Your next opportunity
The Supply Program Manager (SPM) is responsible for developing and leading the procurement and AIC strategy for the specific program.
Reporting the Head of Supplier Program Manager, the SPM will function as an embedded member of the program leadership team and provide the program specific direction to the procurement team.
The SPM will be responsible for defining and leading the program’s supply chain schedule, KPIs and risks.
As Supply Program Manager, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Defining the procurement strategy including AIC considerations for the given program. Lead the identification and scope definition for the key strategic suppliers, ensuring that the commodities are in the loop;
- Shaping and leading the supply chain schedule and ensuring that it is in line with the production schedule;
- Leading the development of demand forecast;
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and escalating procurement related KPI’s;
- Leading the project procurement, commodity procurement teams and subcontracts team to ensure that all program suppliers are identified and contracted on time, quality and cost;
- Managing and leading the relationships with strategic partner/s and suppliers for the respective program and ensure a single voice from RDA; and
- Monitoring the program specific supplier engagement and ensure that any issues are resolved or escalated in a timely manner with internal stakeholders as required.
About your new team
This role will work alongside five other SPM’s and will report to our Director – AIC and Project Execution. This is a newly formed team and you will have the benefit of helping to define best working practices. This role works closely with our Program Managers, Procurement team and the greater Supply Chain. You will be based at our Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence (MILVEHCOE) in Redbank.
Find Your Why at Rheinmetall
Our values of Safety, Partnership, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT) supports our team members to create a workplace environment where our employees value each other, live up to their promises, communicate openly and work safely every day.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering and/or business management;
- 5+ years’ experience implementing a variety of complex technical projects and/or procurement contracts;
- Experience in procurement function either as SPM or commodity buyer;
- Proactive attitude – a problem-solver;
- A people person, highly effective communications and team-building skills;
- Proven superior written and verbal communication skills; and
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance (must hold Australian Citizenship).
What we offer you
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases
- On-site subsidised café with themed days multiple options
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight
- Flexible working practices
- Generous internal incentive and referral program
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing
- We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
Our inclusive culture
Rheinmetall fosters a culture of equality, fairness, diversity and inclusion for all our employees and provides a safe and secure work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and supported to bring their unique self to work every day.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/rheinmetall/benefits
To learn more about life at Rheinmetall, please visit: www.rheinmetall.com/career-au
Preferred candidates will be required to complete background checks including pre-employment verifications and national police checks.
Applications close: 23rd February 2023
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact RDA Talent Acquisition Team at Recruitment.Australia@rheinmetall.com.au and quote REF#AU01094.